Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A TUESDAY NIGHT "OOPS!"

It wasn’t too difficult to slip right back into the work routine – especially since the office has air conditioning…and the house doesn’t. This weather, fine if you’re living beside a swimming pool or lake, is a little much - for me anyway. The hot flashes just seem to last longer, most evident when you’re trying to find the already elusive slumber. A fan, even on high speed, just doesn’t do it. Bud is having a hard time of it too. His respiration isn’t easy to begin with, but the heat and humidity make it worse. Extremely audible. He insists on lying close to wherever I am, and I haven’t the heart to chase him away, so I hear the poor fellow all night. NOT music to sleep by.

I received the cutest phone call at the office yesterday. My son, Jo, was kind enough to stop after his canteen run and cut all my grass. When Bali, the 3 year old, woke from his afternoon nap and heard that Papa was at M’mère’s place, without taking him, he was not happy. Believe me, he knows how to show it! He finally quieted down after his mummy let him chat with me on the phone. Although I could hardly understand a word he was saying, knowing that M’mère was his main objective for a few minutes was so nice, and made my day!

I‘m off to the hospital with Bird tomorrow – his last scan found more tumours in his lymph nodes. Now he does something called the PET (?) scan, to see what’s what, and we are back at the clinic again on July 19th pour the results. Thankfully I have AC in the truck, so at least the ride in & out will be comfortable enough for him. Apparently the scan takes approximately 3 hours, prepping included. The Bird warned me to bring a good book.

And now – should I tell you about the huge dumbass thing I just did? And it’s going to cost me too!

I have a bad habit of getting distracted when doing household chores. maybe ‘cause it’s not my preferred pastime. Tonight, just before sitting down to write the first 2 ½ paragraphs of this post, AND before I went outside to make sure the noises I heard were not a fight between Lucas & Bud, I put dishes into the sink and turned on the hot water. I usually fill the sink with the hottest water possible, let the dishes soak a bit, then do the washing. I bet you can guess what happened.

Yep. I forgot all about turning off the water!! And so…in reference to my first paragraph, I nearly CREATED a swimming pool in the apartment downstairs. It was Grump who alerted me; he came running into the office giving every sign he wanted to go out. I walked into the kitchen to open the door and….get this…I actually wondered what the sound of water was from!! Then…OH SHIT!

I guess the positive sides (there always is one) are:
1) I was putting off cleaning down there – this gave me a huge nudge in the right direction – at least floors in that bedroom are shining now!
2) Because the apartment is cooler, I considered sleeping down there tonight if it’s too hot up here. I had washed all the bedclothes, but had not yet made the bed, so the huge, thick blanket was still folded up on the bottom part. The bed would have been soaked if it had been done up right. As it is, the top part of the blanket kept the water from sinking through. The mattress is dry.
3) I’ve also been procrastinating about bringing in an electrician to do some needed work. I can’t neglect it any longer, which is much safer, of course. The water went through the ceiling where the light fixtures and wiring are; that’s what I meant about costly.

I also expect I’ll know enough to stay by the sink from now on when preparing to do dishes, or any other action that requires turning off a tap at one point, LOL!

Time for me to hit my Jacuzzi (yes, I’ll remember!!) then get some shut-eye. In spite of the extra work and cost, my experience is rather amusing (I know my sons will find it funny) so I’m SMILING! Sending it out to you all – and wishing you sweet dreams!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

I would have liked to see your face when you realized le booboo that you made. Coincidence, je vais à l'hopital avec Tony le 19 en préparation d,une opération pour débloquer une artère au coeur. Dans ton coin, est-ce que les nuits ne sont pas assez fraiches pour dormir dehors, ou si tu as peur de te faire manger les orteils par des siffleux. Tu serais bien sur ton grand balcon