Thursday, July 8, 2010

HEAT & INTERNET PROBLEMS

Arrrg! My satellite dish has slipped, and I have internet flashing off and on – more often off than on. Luckily (for my sanity) my puter-doc will swing by tomorrow afternoon and fix things up. I also have the Alarm people coming in to update the alarms (they were removed during renovations & never re-installed) and a dude to remove trees lying in the driveway. I’ll be in the office real early tomorrow morning, because I’ll have to leave at noon to meet these people. It isn’t the right time to be absent, but some things can’t be helped.

That PET scan was hard on the Bird this morning. After 3 hours he came out of there looking like a wet rag. We were both grateful that the air conditioning was functioning in my truck as we made out way back up north. Now we need to go back on July 19th for his results.

It is somewhat cooler outside tonight – not much, but enough to be comfortable sitting out on the gallery. BTW – isn’t this kind of heat supposed to kill mosquitoes? I have never been so pestered by those little varmints when up on the gallery; it seems the heat has tripled their numbers, and as soon as it’s dark, they zero in. Annoying little mites!

I watched the clouds roll in over my mountain – the muted colours were something to see. We are supposed to get a thunder storm, and the temperatures should be back to normal on Friday, so says the Weather Network. But tonight is going to be another toss & roll, I know. In spite of all the fans going around the house, it’s still way too warm for this menopausal lady! The water in the Jacuzzi will be just lukewarm, you can be sure of that!! I’ve heard the wives’ tale about taking a hot shower to cool off and I say poppycock! I’ve tried it and believe me, it’s not true!!!

That’s it for tonight, folks. I’m not sure I’ll be able to post it before the morning – the lights on my modem tell me I’ve lost the airwaves again. If that is the case, have a good day y’all. If okay tonight, then sweet dreams!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Si je lis bien entre les lignes, tu es très occupée au bureau...c'est correct cà. J'au eu peur à un moment donné, mais on dirait que tout s'est replacé. J'aurai une pensée pour toi le 19 parce que je serai à l'hôpital à cette date là pour mon frère. Don't give up writing, its nice lecture.