Sunday, July 25, 2010

SUSIE & SUSY

Both Suzie and Susy called me yesterday (I’ve changed the spelling for my Cuban Susy – easier to follow, LOL). Detroit Suzie is already making plans for me to visit her; she’s hoping for sometime in September. Lucky for her, she lives right beside a Barnes & Nobles, because I wouldn’t even consider the long drive! (Kidding!!) Her sister has decided to tag along for the visit and is available whenever I decide, or can afford, to go. A project to work on for the near future.

My Cuban Susy invited me to spend the day at her home – they were celebrating the birthday of her oldest son, who is now the ripe old age of 24. A few of his college friends were attending, besides her brother & his wife; two people I haven’t seen for a year, and whose company I also enjoy. I decided to feed the doggies early, then made my way to their home; 40 minutes with windows wide open, music jacked up…groovin’!! We sat outside, laughing, watching both the wild ducks and the young lads jump in and out of the water, munching on cheese and veggies, and corn and hamburgers – all washed down with liberal quantities of beer and wine. I indulged much in the food, easy on the booze, knowing there was a drive back home. It was a fun time, as is usual with that bunch. And, as happens everyday, I learned something new. I’m a cheese lover, and it seems there is a store called ‘Bourassa’, situated in St-Sauveur, where one can buy all kinds of cheese, breads, and huge amounts of vegetables (lettuce, tomatoes, etc) for dollars less than anywhere else. The place is not fancy, they tell me, more a warehouse style; but the produce is fresh and varied and cheap. Who would have thought it? In St-Sauveur – the home of the ‘elite’?

Before going to the party, I called each of my boys (see yesterday’s post), and made things right; although it seems neither of them were at all ruffled by my whining. They assured me that they know I am going through a difficult time; I was allowed a few complaints, and that they hadn’t really noticed – it was no big thing. I don’t know how many times I have said it, but I repeat again – if ever I did anything right in my whole life, it was having and raising my three children. The proof is in the pudding!

And oh, on arriving home last night, I found a weird note taped to my door from the renovation dude, who was to start tomorrow the work needed on the house exterior. In it he tells me he refuses to work here because he doesn’t want to get involved. ????? If my name wasn’t on the paper, I’d think he got me mixed up with someone else. However, he is a friend of my ex-tenant, so maybe something happened there. It’s a bit of a pain, because my present financial situation won’t allow paying much, and we were to exchange backhoe work on his land for the renovations. Eh bien – everything happens for a reason. I’ll be looking for another to do the job.

Today is going to be ‘home’ day. There’s always housework to be done, doggies to play with, office to tidy…and a BBQ to clean, LOL! I want to catch up on my friends’ posts in Blog-it; I still have a final chapter to write for one of my stories; and my daughter is coming home from her week vacation in Dominican. I’m not sure of the time, but hopefully I’ll get to see her later. And I bet half of what is on this list won’t get done, LOL!

It’s a beautiful day; I’m on a lovely place in this beautiful country, and I’m SMILING! Sending it out to you, and I know it’s contagious, so grab it and share!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

3 comments:

polichon said...

Hey Koolcat, remember: "Where there's a will, there's a way".
Travaille là dessus et trouve le moyen d'aller à Detroit. Rien de mieux ne saurait t'arriver.
Tu le prononces bien et tu le prononce fort que tu es folle de ta famille. C'est correct de les vanter un peu. C'est pas facile d'endurer une mémé qui grogne(LOL). Je comprends tes sentiments vis à vis ta gagne. J'espère qu'ils vont lire ton blog. Prends soin de toi...xx

polichon said...

J'ai relu ton blog et je suis porté à croire que la paresse s'installe tranquillement. Le mot est "procrastinate". Remettre à plus tard ce que tu devrais faire tout de suite. Je suis content de voir que je ne suis pas le seul à "procrastinate" la coupe du gazon. C'est le fun que l'on puisse le faire. hasta la vista

Mike's Common Sense said...

Hi Adnohr, nice to catch up with you. My you have been prolific! Hope all is well. Oh, by the way, my book on Wilbur's adventures is now an e-book.