Sunday, July 4, 2010

BOW'S HOUSE & SHOPPING WITH SUZIE

On Friday, my brother, Bird, and I went to visit Bow & Yoshiko. Their new house is situated on a residential street in old Longueil, surrounded with mature, beautiful trees. It’s a cozy little two-story place, with plenty of plants and flowers in the back yard, well fenced for privacy, and a swimming pool. A couple of Bow’s friends were there helping him to set things up. It was a nice afternoon with plenty of good natured teasing and laughing; reminiscent of days when my children were all still at home in our big, white house; where there always seemed to be a few friends around to keep things lively. I could tell my son was right in his element. He was grinning from ear to ear! Yoshiko was exhausted, with plenty of unpacking and installing to do yet. My daughter had already been there the day before and, whirlwind that she is, had the kitchen all set up before she left. Once that is done, the rest of the boxes can be emptied slowly, whenever Yo feels inclined, so she relaxed with us, enjoying the day and showing off her new home. We shared pizza and Mexican pie for supper, sitting outside, then Bird and I made our way back up north. After I let him off at his place, I came back to the bush and passed a quiet evening with the doggies. Saturday was already scheduled to spend time with Suzie, and I wanted an early night.

Suzie and I usually go shopping at least one day during our time together, whether we are here or in Detroit. It’s not one of my favourite pastimes, unless we’re in a furniture store, or a place like Stokes. There is, however, a Dollar Plus store in St-Jérôme where we make a regular stop. It’s huge, and things cost more than a dollar, but it has many interesting art objects, cards, household articles, etc. I picked up some wooden jigsaw puzzles to keep Bali amused when he comes to visit M’mère, and a drinking glass with a cover; those made especially for wobbling youngsters. Happily, the grandchildren are coming around to the house more often now, so I need to stock up on things like that again.

In less than two hours we had seen all we wanted to – there was NOTHING in the way of decent clothes anywhere we went – so we decided to have something to eat. We went to Nickels, sat out on the terrace, and I filled my face with giant shrimp Papillion…YUM! Mind you, I smelled like garlic for the rest of the day, but I had nobody to impress, so didn’t really give a damn!

We stopped back at the house to let the doggies go outside and run around some, and I showed Suzie the pictures my daughter had put on Facebook; she had caught our last tequila binge on camera, the little bugger, and we look terrible, but we’re able to laugh at ourselves, and did a lot of that, LOL! I drove her home and we sat and chatted for a good while, and I finally made it back to the bush around 3 AM. It was a lovely warm night, and I sat out on the gallery with the delighted doggies for a little while before going to bed. All in all, a great day, although I didn’t get around to any of the multitude of tasks waiting to be done. What the heck, it was one of my last days off, so I refuse to feel guilty! The work isn’t going anywhere, that’s for sure!

I’m planning to wash my truck this afternoon – it’s long overdue – and whatever else my foot will allow me to do. After all the walking yesterday, it’s swollen and a little painful. I don’t mind lazing. It’ll be back to the office tomorrow morning, and we need to apply all our efforts to keep things going after one of our bigger clients closed down last week, and another on the verge of going the same route shortly. Rock ‘N Roll!

Hope y’all are having a good weekend – loving this summer weather! Sending you a SMILE!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Il n'y a pas à dire, les vacances t'ont fait du bien, du moins c'est l'impression qui se dégage dans tes écrits. Dis à Yoshiko que j'ai une pensée pour elle de la voir établie dans son nouveau lit d'amour. J'aime ton nouveau style de blog. On sait ce qui se passe chez vous. Sans doute que je ne suis pas le seul à lire tes aventures(LOL)