Tuesday, July 20, 2010

MORPHÉE'S ABSENCE

I did not sleep one wink last night. Damn! It’s bad enough when I get only a couple of hours in, but nothing for the whole night? I’m going to be a waste case at the office today, and it’s really not the time for it. GRRRR!

I have good news on two fronts. The first is that the PET scan showed only scar tissue on Bird’s lymph nodes, not tumours as they had suspected. An enormous relief!! The second is that today is my oldest son’s special day, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOW!! But don’t even think about asking your mom out to supper to celebrate with you. She’ll be running home and into bed straight after work!!!

Bird and I got back from the hospital around 2:30 yesterday. After I dropped him home, I stopped in to see Jo’s family. The 3 boys were awake, and Jo is on vacation, and May is on parental leave, so I got to spend time with the whole crew for few moments. At the risk of repeating myself, nothing is as sweet as cuddling a grandchild. I got plenty from each of them, and together with Bird’s good news, it made my day.

The doggies were happy to have me home early. We walked around to check on the apple trees (yep – we’ve got some!) and did the tour of the land. Lucas joined us, of course. I carry a long stick around with me just in case she decides to fight with Bud again, but she has been listening very well lately. She’s maturing, is more obedient – and a beautiful animal!

There is forever housecleaning to do, then I went through some papers that have been lying around my home office for ages. I gave up before finishing the piles, but did make some headway, so that was encouraging. I had a story to finish for Blog-it, chatted for 30 minutes or so to the nurse who works for our agency (but is presently on CSST), then ate a huge spinach salad before relaxing in the Jacuzzi. My plan was an early bedtime, to be in good shape this morning. That didn’t happen. I tried reading, writing, cleaning some more, then just relaxing, then reading again…... Nope! Every little sound outside disturbed me. I watched the sun rise, and THEN I began to feel a little sleepy. Bah! Humbug!

It’s 6 AM now, so I’ll just get dressed and go ahead into the city. I expect I’ll be making use of that futon in my office before day’s end. Oh, well. Everything happens for a reason, so I’ll just SMILE and get on with it. Have a great day, people!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Ce que l'on doit se sentir mal quand Morphé ne veut rien savoir de nous autres. Cà doit être ta constitution forte d'Anglaise qui t'aide à passer à travers. Moi, si je ne dors qu'un quatre heures, je suis sur la bum le lendemain. Good news for your bro. I'm glad..Less pressure for everybody. Sleep well to-nite.....xxx