Monday, July 12, 2010

A LAZY SUNDAY

Yesterday was a quiet day. I have to admit that I slept through most of the morning, having been awake from 2 to 6:30 AM; blogging, a little cleaning, reading, watching the sunrise. I finally fell back to sleep, leaving the doggies on guard duty outside. They were quiet, and my snooze lasted until 11:30. It feels like it’s a morning wasted when I crawl out of bed at that time, and I have to force myself to remember that sleep is important, no matter when it happens.

I ran into town for a few things – for some reason I had a craving for spaghetti sauce, and needed some ingredients to complete my mom’s recipe. While unloading my bags, the renovation dude came by, and we strolled around outside to look at what I needed done before summer’s end. My budget is severely limited at the moment; most of the work will be paid for by barter; he has need of the backhoe, so we negotiated a method of exchange. While this was going on, I heard my telephone ring, but I knew I wouldn’t get to it before the voice mail answered. Both times were long distance – the 3 rings – and I imagined it was Suzie calling to tell me she had made it safely home to Detroit. I was right for the one of the calls; Suzie rang again as I stepped back into the house. It had been a long drive – 11 hours on the road. There was a lot of traffic in Toronto, she told me, and near London, Ontario she ran into a storm much as we saw last week; heavy rain, hail, strong winds. She was obliged to pull into a rest center and wait it out. She had finally arrived, exhausted and very happy to be there.

The second call I had missed was my friend Karen, from Saskatoon. She and I don’t talk often but, when we do, it lasts for a couple of hours. Fortunately she has a long distance plan, so I rang her back, then she rang me back, and we chatted from about 6 to 10 PM, breaking off just long enough for my daughter to tell me that my grandson, Raphael, had won his soccer tournament. Needless to say, the spaghetti sauce never happened; it’s on tonight’s agenda, LOL.

It’s another beautiful day out there – the birds are trilling away, and the doggies already making the rounds, sniffing out whatever may have happened on their territory during the night. Because I never did get to see my associates as planned this weekend, I’m heading into the office now, intent on catching up to them before doing anything else at the office. I expect I’ll have to lay off most of my employees for the moment, and I’m NOT happy about it. If there is any way at all to avoid it, I’ll use it; but I need some answers from my associates before making the decision.

That’s it for now, folks. Hoping you have a good day, find lots of reasons to SMILE, and don’t forget to share it!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Désolé d'apprendre le congédiement de la plupart de tes employés. Espérons que la situation est temporaire et que tout entrera dans l'ordre incessamment. Tes associés n'ont pas l'air de se bouger le CPR ben vite pour te venir en aide. grgrgrgr.