Saturday, July 31, 2010

NIGHTMARES - UGH!

Damn! It’s noon already, and I just got out of bed. It feels as if I’ve wasted most of a beautiful day. I do realize that my getting up earlier wouldn’t have been useful; then I would be a zombie for the whole day instead of just the first half, LOL! I was asleep by 10:30 last night, but wicked nightmares woke me around 2AM. I don’t usually remember my dreams, and I can count on one hand the number of times during my life that I’ve had really BAD dreams. These were dillies – very disturbing.. I got up. As upset as I was, there was no way I would get back to sleep. Besides, I worried that the same theme would repeat itself if I did.

I used micro-waved, yesterday’s coffee to clear the cobwebs in my head. I have been wanting to catch up to the writers in Blogit for some time, so I linked onto the site and started to read. That did the trick. After an hour or so, the emotions caused by the nightmares were beginning to fade. It’s amazing how a good storyteller can whisk me away into his/her world; I became totally absorbed and forgot my own bogeyman. Well, it was maybe too much of a good thing, because I kept reading until 7 AM this morning. There are many awesome writers in Blogit; you have to practically FORCE yourself to shut it down unless you have hours and hours to spend in there. It’s a mental dragging yourself away, kicking and screaming, pleading, “No – just one more post…I want to read just one more…”

Seeing that I’m already late getting to the various tasks I had planned for the weekend, I’m cutting this short. Maybe I’ll have a chance to come back in tonight and write some more. I swear, if my Grandma had ever caught me in P.J.’s at this time of day, she’d be rightfully scandalized!! Before I feel her swat on the back of my noggin, I’ll get my butt in gear.

Have a great day, people! Sending you SMILES!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

J'arrive tout juste de chez Ben.
Un psy m'a déjà dit que chaque individu fait environ 7 rêves tous les soirs, mais le subconscient les refoule et le lendemain on s'écoute se dire que l'on a pas rêver du tout. J'espère que tu n'étais pas en train d'étrangler quelqu'un de ton entourage. Ne mets pas tes rêves à exécution, tu vas te faire arrêter....sweet dreams