Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MY MONDAY

Sunday night, when the commotion was going on, I managed to send a Facebook message to Line, warning her that it was already 2 AM, that I didn’t expect to sleep much, that I would not be at the office before noon. Contrary to her morning routine, Line didn’t open her Facebook, so she was one of the MANY who called me around 8:30 AM. I had been in bed all of 3 hours. My mind was too full to allow more snoozing, however, so I got up and drove to the office. There were things that required my attention, and it was better than sitting at home and moping.

The girls told me they liked the haircut, and my daughter also gave her approval when I saw her later in the day. Her home is the ‘drop-off’ place for people in the area who need to give me papers but don’t want the drive out to the bush. I had stopped on my way from work, and she admired the ‘coiffure’ while we sat chatting. It was a short visit; by that time I was dragging butt and was so looking forward to getting back to my own house and making it an early night.

Suzie’s sister reached me on my cellular as I covered the last miles. She will be driving to Detroit with me on Thursday, and we hadn’t spoke, except through Suzie’s many calls, to confirm the travel arrangements. Poor girl was beginning to wonder if I really wanted her along or not, LOL! I told her I’d have shown up at her house at 4 AM Thursday morning, honked the horn outside, and yelled ‘All Aboard!’

With that settled, I fielded a couple of more phone calls, one of which was my brother. As I had guessed, his missing the appointment for the lung scan means that today there will be no hospital. He does have to return tomorrow for the results of his biopsy, so this will be my last day at the office before my vacation. I have absolutely nothing ready for this trip – there was no time to shop, to pack….so these next two days are going to be a hustle. Last night was impossible to try preparing anything– I was sleepwalking by 9:30 PM.

Bud woke me at 3:30 AM. His breathing was not good; he was in pain. I’ve given him his medication and he’s resting easier now. There’s some work I can do before leaving for the office this morning, so I’ll get to it. Man, I’m really, REALLY looking forward to the time off!!

Have a good one, folks. It’s to be sunny here; very warm, but one of our few days of summer left, so no complaints from yours truly. After my 6 hours of uninterrupted time spent in the arms of Morpheus, I’m SMILING! Sending it your way!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

2 comments:

polichon said...

Tout le monde aime ta nouvelle coupe de cheveux. Tu dois bien te sentir. Tes écrits transmettent cette fébrilité de partir en voyage avec ta chum, la sœur de Suzie. . Je te gage que tu vas tombé endormie le long du parcours. C'est bon .J'ai eu des nouvelles de Sylvie Coulombe . J'étais content. Si çà t'intéresse, je te transférerai son courriel. Tu pars jeudi matin à bonne heure . Un mosus de beau voyage. Prends le temps de dormir un peu. Un bon voyage. Je pars vendredi matin. Kilr. xxx

polichon said...

Vérifie la météo de Détroit pour la fin de semaine. Pas chaud. Bye. Again have a good time. et repose toi. Kilr