Wednesday, September 1, 2010

AND THE RAIN COMETH

I read Kilroy’s blog this morning, and part of his message did not please me. After so many beautiful (although hot) days of sunshine, it is going to rain on the one I picked to drive to Detroit. I checked on The Weather Network Site, and it warns me that there will be similar weather all the way down - the whole 8 to 10 hours. That means I need to get new windshield wipers as soon as my brother and I get back from his appointment at the hospital today. Poor Kilroy is heading east, and he will be seeing the same conditions. Bah! Humbug!

What’s more, the Network predicts rain for my full stay at Suzie’s, with only Tuesday, the day we drive back, being sunny. That doesn’t matter so much, I guess. Suzie’s home is actually in Troy, a nice suburb, with a huge, fenced backyard, lots of parasols, and an open garage. So rain or shine we’ll be sitting outside. I’m not in the money these days, so there won’t be much shopping. I will, of course, drop in at Barnes & Nobles. I can’t drive by that store – my truck turns into its parking lot automatically, LOL! You can practically inhale the scent of thousands of new books before you even open the door. Paradise!

I arrived home late from the office last night. Traffic was heavy. It was so nice to finally relax on the quiet of my gallery. A beautiful evening, stars galore, and the only noise was that of the doggies scrambling off now and then to see whatever had caught their attention in the bush. My brother and his friend, Fran, will be house & doggie sitting while I’m away, and I know Bird really enjoys being outside here. He tells me that the air is different, fresher, and he finds it much easier to breathe. He and Fran will stay over tonight so that I can show them where things are, the doggies’ routine, Bud’s medication, etc.

I spoke by telephone to both my sons last night. My eldest was upset. Yesterday morning he awoke to find that thieves had broken into his car, which was parked in the driveway of his new house, and had stolen his GPS, his Cell phone, his Fed Ex badge, his new sunglasses. To add insult to injury, they left both doors open, so his battery was dead too. He hasn’t been living in that area very long, and complained that such a thing never happened when he was living downtown Montreal. Poor guy was NOT having a good day.

I’m taking my laptop with me for my trip, but I am not sure how much time I’ll have to use it, other than for a couple of hours work. This will probably be my last post until I get back next week.

Have good trip, my friend, Kilroy, and to all of you I wish a great long weekend. I’ll post my adventures when I return – if I remember them. Suzie is sitting waiting on me with a bottle of tequila in hand, LOL!

SMILES for you folks!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

2 comments:

polichon said...

On apprend des choses tous les jours dixit Koolcat. Ne jamais laisser rien d'important dans l'auto. Espérons que ton gars pourra récupérer. Les maraudeurs sont partout où il y a un vol à faire. Peu importe l'environnement. Race de monde. Ils méritent d'être pendus par les snolls jusqu'au point où ils deviennent inutiles. Prend mon conseil et laisse ton laptop chez vous, t'es en vacances. Oublie le travail. Il sera là à ton retour, inquiètes toi pas, Line va s'occuper de tes affaires en ton absence. Pas trop de téquila, c'est pas bon pour la vue, toi qui conduit. Bon voyage. Kilr. xxx

polichon said...

Dis moi que tu n'apporte pas ton laptop pour travailler,