Thursday, August 5, 2010

COMPUTERS & BUSES

My computer dude didn’t show up this morning as planned. I waited around, tried to reach his cell phone but, when he didn’t answer, and knowing how dependable mobiles are in this area (NOT!), thought maybe the call didn’t get through. Finally I had to head for work. I was going to leave the door open for him, then worried about his reception by the dogs with me being absent, so left a note taped on the entrance instead. He did call me a couple of hours later at the office. He had forgotten to warn me the night before that he wouldn’t be able to do the installation today. It will be done Tuesday instead, which actually suits me fine. This month’s high fee has just been debited to my bank account, so I’ll get at least some mileage out of it. Another good spin-off about his not showing up? Because I was up so early (3:30 AM), I decided to finish cleaning my home office while waiting on his arrival. It’s all done now except for tidying the bookshelves. Poor guy would have wondered if he was in the wrong house, LOL!

It will be an early night. Helen is leaving tomorrow morning to visit her daughter in NB; she’ll be taking the bus from Central Station in Montreal…and it leaves at 6 AM. The travel info warns passengers to arrive an hour before departure because, if the coach is full, they’ll have to take the next one…at 10:20 PM!! I go to the city every morning anyway so, to avoid that her elderly husband need get up in the middle of the night, I’ll drop her off at the terminal. We’ll be leaving about 4 AM; I’m usually wide-eyed and bushy-tailed at that time anyway. I’m very happy about her seeing her daughter right now. She has lost approximately 40 pounds in the last month and she’s not dieting – not good – and I know once she gets there she will be lovingly forced to see a doctor. She won’t listen to me.

All day I’ve had a craving for a Salade d’Amour; Salad of Love in English. Anyone tasted it? (Besides Kilroy – he was there the first time I ate it). It is made of spinach and bean sprouts and cashews and lots of other good stuff, with soya vinaigrette to die for. I need to get dog food on the way home tomorrow night, and will pick up the ingredients at the same time. If I have no visitors to share it, I’ll probably be still eating the left-overs most of next week. That should cure my craving, LOL!

It’s that time. My Jacuzzi is ready now, so off I go in search of Morpheus. Sweet dreams, people! I’ll check back in tomorrow.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Mosus que tu te lèves à bonne heure. Je suppose, que, comme moi, tu ne peux pas dire "non" pour rendre un service.Des gens de peu de volonté .
Hélène perdre 40 livres en quelques semaines, oh que çà n'a pas l'air correct. J'espère que sa fille va l'attacher et l'amener chez un médecin, et çà presse. I guess you miss Line not staying over for the night. I'm sure she's good company ..Kroy....xxx