Saturday, August 28, 2010

THE PORCUPINE STRIKES AGAIN!

I wanted to show you all a picture of the beautiful Louka, the neighbour’s husky-wolf who spends much of her time here playing with Grump, and trying to ignore that our macho Bud ignores her. I can’t find the wire thingy that transfers photos from camera to computer. There have been many cellular phones in and out of this house in the past years, so I have numerous wire thingies lying around, but not one of them fit the bill. It looks like I’ll be shopping in electronics. I wonder how you translate wire thingy into French?

I would wait and hunt for it when I have more time, but my granddaughter posed with the little lads when we celebrated the birthday last weekend. She’s been asking me to put them up on Facebook. It’s a rare occasion when Peanut (our pet name for granddaughter) asks for something; so M’mère will rush to oblige…especially for that reason. This child of my daughter’s has been working since she was twelve. First it was babysitting, then serving behind snack bars, now a cashier at the IGA. She’s attending university, so her mom helps to pay for the apartment she shares with other students, but Peanut pays the rest of the expenses herself. She’ll be 18 next week, and her mom is throwing her a huge party to celebrate. M’Mère will arrive back from Detroit just in time to attend – there’s no way I want to miss it. I can’t remember if I mentioned that she’s the only female of the six grandchildren; the other five are boys.

But back to Louka – she showed up with porcupine quills in her nose again today. I texted her master to warn him. He came home, and I heard him whistle for her…then the yelps of pain. Oof! I shivered with each cry, poor girl. She showed up later for supper with her nose clean, quill free, and seemed none the worse for her 2nd experience. I hope she has learned her lesson, but, like humans, some dogs just never do get it.

I did make it to the hairdresser this morning, and walked out of there a new woman, in looks anyway. I decided on the spur of the moment to have her cut my hair short. I fear it is going to take me some time to get used to it. All day I didn’t see another soul who knows me, so have had no comments for or against. I expect the first person I’ll see is the fellow who is coming tomorrow to check out the hot water tank. Although he is a friend, he is also male, so probably won’t even notice. I guess the verdict will be rendered only on Monday when I get to the office, unless I drop by my daughter’s house tomorrow night. A good idea; she’s very blunt about things like that, so I’ll know if I should wear a hat, or invest in a wig, until the hair grows again, LOL.

Bedtime. Jacuzzi first. Off I go. Sweet dreams, folks – they’ll make you SMILE in your sleep!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

2 comments:

polichon said...

Ce que j'ai trouvé qui ressemble le plus à "wire thingy" est "prise péritel". `Çà vient de France. Çà vaut ce que çà vaut. Je me vois entrer au magasin et demander une prise péritel. Le gars va dire."HEIN" Mémére a l'air pas mal fière de sa "peanut". Avec raison. Jeune débrouillarde. C'est le fun de voir aller ces jeunes ambitieux.Je suis certain que ta nouvelle coupe te va très bien.

polichon said...

Ce qui compte c'est que toi tu l'aimes ta coupe de cheveux et que tu te sens bien. Ce que pensent les autres n'a pas d'importance. Il y a longtemps que je ne m'occupe pas de ce que les autres pensent, et j'aime mieux çà.