Saturday, August 28, 2010

OOPS!

When you hear ‘22nd’ over the phone, it can sound much like ‘27th’, especially if the 22nd is a Sunday, and you don’t realize that scans are done on the weekends. That is what happened. My brother and I arrived at the hospital to find that he was supposed to be there last Sunday at 3:30, not yesterday at 3:00. Bummer! It took us 2 ½ hours to get back home in the Friday rush hour. Fortunately it was nice weather, and we enjoy each other’s company. Besides, there was no use getting upset. The damage was done and absolutely nothing could be done about it. It means that he won’t be getting his results next Wednesday, so I’ll be able to work the day before leaving for Detroit…unless they reschedule his scan for that date. We wait and see.

After I dropped my brother at home, I couldn’t resist stopping by to see my three little rug rats. Nalou will have his very first day of school next Wednesday. His new backpack (what they use for schoolbags now), and other kindergarten supplies are bought and waiting. Much to our amusement, his mommy discovered that Nalou believes in planning ahead; he had already put a sandwich in his lunchbox, figuring that it would be one less thing to worry about when the big day arrived, LOL. His eyes were like saucers when M’mere told him the sandwich would jump out and run away on him if he waited until Wednesday to open the box. I can picture him sitting down in the school cafeteria, then opening the lid just a bit and peering in to make sure his lunch isn’t moving….

Although I have to take time out for the hairdresser (finally), most of today will be spent catching up on work I wasn’t able to do yesterday, and some housecleaning. I also have someone coming in later to look at my hot water tank. It keeps turning off. I’ve had to hit the reset button 4 times this week – not a good sign. There must be a short somewhere…I hope. The last thing I need right now is to have the added expense of a new tank.

It’s a sure thing that I won’t get much done by sitting here blogging, so I’ll wish you all a good day, send you my SMILE, and get on with it. We learn something new everyday, so here’s hoping whatever we learn today is pleasant!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

2 comments:

polichon said...

Je ne pense pas que le court circuit ait une relation avec le fait que le réservoir à chaud chaude soit fini...I hope. Ne retarde pas ton voyage à Détroit pour ce petit problème....OK?
Qui a oublié l'heure du rendez vous, toi ou ton frère. Ces oublis me ressemblent(LOL). Bonne journée.Kilr...xxx

polichon said...

Ce n'est pas une perte de temps que d'écrire. J'aime te lire