Sunday, October 31, 2010

HALLOWEEN, AND SNOW!!!!


I really need to buy myself another camera. First, it’s a Panasonic, so I have to get the PC adaptor directly from that company, mail order, because none of the universal adaptors will fit (Thanks for the suggestion, Wiley – but it didn’t work!). I have great photos of my grandchildren in there, and don’t want to lose them. Next, when I wanted to take pictures of my goblins last night, and then the awesome, bush winter wonderland this morning – nothing worked. Nothing!! Click on the button, but nada. Fortunately my daughter had one with her for the party, but she was not here to see my mountain glistening in the early sunshine. I know there will be other days, and very shortly too, but I like to capture the first snows. One thing is certain, no more Panasonics for me. According to my friend, Dawna, replacements of microwaves parts of that brand are difficult to obtain too. So, away with it! There are lots of competitors out there whose equipment is just as good and with which one can use universal gadgets if something breaks or, in my case, disappears.

I don’t need to write about what fun we had yesterday; I’ve described often enough now how my family and friends enjoy getting together, and how a bunch of little rug rats running around make my day. The Halloween party was no exception – glorious! In spite of the sugar buzz, there were some very sleepy little monsters riding daddy or mommy’s shoulders by the time it was over, LOL! And there is something to this ‘perfect timing’ which has been happening a lot lately; the snow knocked out the satellite last night, so our evening chatter was not interrupted by the Habs hockey game. We stayed in a joyful mood too, which would probably have been spoiled by watching them lose.

On November 18th, Dawna and I are heading to Saskatoon. My brother was saying that it is a place where, if a man’s wife leaves him, he can watch her walk away for three days, LOL! Jokes aside, it is a new place to visit, and it will be great to spend time with Karen. The only thing I’m NOT looking forward to is getting on an airplane. Not at all my cup of tea, but nothing a couple of shooters of rum can’t handle…I guess.

It is perfect for a walk with the doggies out there; maybe even build our first snowman of 2010! My dishes are all done up, but the floors need a good wash, although the rug rats did a fine job of wiping up any dust lying around, LOL! I am in the midst of doing laundry too, and our nurse, who finally found her way to the client’s house yesterday, will be calling in at the end of her shift to give her report. All this to say that I’m signing off now, but not without wishing you a great Sunday, and certainly not without sending you a huge SMILE! It’s free of charge, so no harm in passing it on!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Saskatoon can be the coldest place in Canada at times. better bring your long johns. Je m'imagine que ton coin de pays doit être très beau avec la petite neige qui nous est arrivé en catimini hier au soir. C'était tout blanc ce matin mais presque que toute disparue à 5h cet après midi. Encore une grosse semaine occupée en perspective. Ne travaille pas trop fort. Kilr....XXX