Friday, October 22, 2010

SMILING!!!

Snow!!! When I got out of bed this morning my gallery was sporting a thin blanket of the beautiful, white stuff. Immediate good mood! I was a child on the farm again, gazing with glee at the first snowfall of the year ; images of toboggans racing down the hill, playing stick hockey on the bumpy river ice and, of course, Christmas - all dancing through my mind! I opened the door for the doggies and laughed out loud as I watched them lift one paw, then the other, their heads down – sniff, sniff – ah yes! We remember this now! It was melted away by noon, but my day was already made.

My ‘happy-ball’ was rolling. The appointment for 11 AM called to postpone until Monday, which allowed me to work from home instead of going into the city office. Yippee! Later, while in town on errands (including reserving a time for winter tire installation), I heard someone call my name, and turned to see a lady smiling at me. It took a moment before I recognized her. It has been years since we’ve seen each other, and it was great to block the aisle (sorry, sir!) and catch up. We exchanged e-mail addresses, and made plans to meet again on her return from Hong Kong at the end of November. She’s a fashion artist, creating new clothes from old, and will be doing a ‘shoot’ there, then she and her husband will spend the rest of the time enjoying the vacation of their dreams. Her passion for her art was so evident that the air sparkled around us. I’m that happy for her!

There is no better way to end the day than with hugs and kisses from my rug rats. On my way home, I made a detour to drop in on my son J. and his family. The three boys do it to me every time – and I guess each grandparent knows exactly what I mean. The joy has no bounds, and I don’t think the love could swell my heart any larger.

I had one last stop; my rural mailbox up the road from the house. I do it just once a week. Since e-mail has become the current method of correspondence, it is mostly only advertising and/or bills anyway, so why spoil each day? This time there was a package. A precious gift from special friends, and they know who they are, and what it was. Suffice it for me to say that it is so very appreciated.

My doggies were ecstatic on my arrival. Their enthusiasm nearly knocked me back down the stairs! I had an armful of wood too! I wonder if I could train them to carry it up for me? If fireplaces burned rocks, I would have no problem at all – Bud would be ‘the man’, LOL!

Now it’s Jacuzzi time again. Contrary to yesterday, with its icky, depressive mood, (even the HABS got it in the neck!), today was right back where life should be: joy and friends and love!!! In French they say ‘Il n’y a rien de trop beau’ which translates as ‘Nothing is too good’.

I’ll take that. Bring it on. I’ll greet it with a SMILE!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Je sens de l'enthousiasme dans ce blog. Les dernières nouvelles doivent être bonnes???? Je l'espère. Où est- ce l'arrivée de la première neige qui t'excite et sentir le plaisir de retourner en enfance. Il est plus tard en saison que je me l'imagine . C'est vrai que l'on approche du 1er novembre....WOW...Tempus fugit.