Tuesday, October 5, 2010

THE IMPORTANT THINGS

I was getting worried. It was 9:30 PM and I still hadn’t heard from my daughter, who was supposed to arrive back from Las Vegas at 7 PM. I didn’t have the flight number, so couldn’t check on the internet for delays. When I tried to call her cellular phone, there was no answer, and her voice mail was full. I guessed I wasn’t the only one who was wondering what had happened.

There was nothing to be done but wait. Finally, around 10:30 PM, she called. Her plane had just landed. First, there was a late take-off from LA, then ‘turbulence, Mom – so bad that I was crying. I didn’t think we’d get out of it alive!!’ Like me, Shan is not crazy about flying. When one has that attitude even before boarding, any disturbance during the journey will bring the worst scenario to mind. One sort of hopes all will be well, but subconsciously expects the worst to happen. She told me she enjoyed Las Vegas, but I have the feeling it will be awhile before she decides to fly anywhere again.

I’m working from home today, but later this morning have to see a client not far from Shan’s home. I’ll make a point of stopping in to give her a huge hug. I absolutely refuse to think of the call I could have received…and once again say Thank You for my blessings. The most meaningful things in my life are still there; anything else is extra, and can be negotiated.

One of my associates got in touch with me very early this morning too. We are to meet later this afternoon. My decision for dissolving the companies we share has been made, and the necessary paperwork started. It has been discussed more than once, but he either was not listening, or refuses to entertain the fact that it is going to happen. Maybe the difference in my attitude these past few days is more convincing. Whatever. The meeting may not be pleasant, but is sure to be interesting.

Okay, back to the grind I go. Coffee break is over and, although the computer allows me to work in my p.j.’s, I don’t think the client I am to meet would be so accommodating, LOL! Unfortunately, I need to get dressed.

Hope your day is awesome, folks. SMILE as often as you can; it is something we can all do for no reason at all!! I’m wearing mine now as I send you my

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

J'ai été parti toute la journée et je viens tout juste de lire ton beau blog. Tout est beau chez vous, tes belles filles, mais sans leur faire de peine, la grand mère a encore son look de personne très en vie et le coin de l'œil très vif quand elle voit passer des beaux hommes...Hum. Ta rencontre avec ton associé doit avoir eu lieu à cet heure-ci. 7h½ J'espère que tout a bien fonctionné pour toi.Shan, I know you read this blog, I hope you have stopped shaking from the turbulence scare on your return flight.Hope you made a lot of money in LV...KILR..