Monday, October 25, 2010

A FUN AGENDA

Guess what? I’m going to Saskatoon, finally! My friend, Karen, has been living there for years, and this is a first visit. Even better is that another friend, Dawna , is flying out with me! The three of us hung together when teens (how long ago was that, again??), and I know we’ll have great fun. My DIL, Yoshiko, now works for a Travel Agency, so she does the shopping for the best rates, and takes care of all those annoying little details required at the airports. What’s more, when Karen told me the hockey games televised out there are Toronto games, I checked the schedule, and guess who the HABS are playing that weekend? Yep! The Leafs! I swear that I did not pick those dates especially for the game! It just happened that way. Talk about a good omen!

Before the trip, we have the Halloween party to organise. This started out as plans for a get together at my home with my Cuban friends, Dawna & Malcolm, and my kids, but has bloomed into a full-fledged celebration of ghouls and goblins. My son, B, invited the many friends who attend our birthday parties each year, and now the idea is disguises for us all, decorating the site, and bags of treats to be prepared for the numerous little tykes (my grandsons included) who will be accompanying their parents. The supper will be what we call ‘pot-luck’; each guest bringing a dish to contribute to the meal. It’s happening this coming Saturday, and will be great fun, I’m sure.

It seems that the past weekends have kept my house very busy. Thanksgiving, then my bro’s daughter, and last night I had guests for supper too. Looking ahead, with the party and the trip out west, then the cooking and baking to prepare for Christmas, I have this gut feeling that, once more, I’ll be doing my shopping on the eve of the main holiday. One thing certain; with all this going on, together with the extra work at the office, there is definitely no time to be bored! In fact, I’ll probably be searching for a little hole to hide away now and then, LOL!

This morning is a cold, rainy start to the week. Part of autumn, and inevitable, but it is so much nicer when the sun is out there, isn’t it? I know the traffic is going to be arduous – rain or snow incite uncertain drivers to slow down to nearly a crawl. I going to take the time now to hunt up some old CD’s, music I haven’t heard for awhile. It doesn’t shorten the ride into the city, but does make it more enjoyable.

Have a good one folks, no matter the weather in your area. There’s nothing like a huge SMILE to brighten anyone’s day. I’m wearing mine. How about you?

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

BOY....WOW...Tabarnouche...quelles bonnes nouvelles???. Ah..que je suis content pour toi. Tout çà mis ensemble ce sera bon en mosus pour le moral. Les trois chums de jeunesse ensemble, le diable va être aux vaches dans l'ouest. Je suis mieux de me renfermer chez moi et de ne pas voir çà.(LOL) Tu mentionnes être très occupé au bureau...dis m'en davantage, pour le mieux??? Kilr ...xxx