Monday, October 18, 2010

AND THE BEAT GOES ON

My family showed up, but the BBQ didn’t happen. We were all into chatting and laughing, the older children either watching football or on the computer, and the rug rats racing around trying to dodge being grabbed and hugged every 10 minutes, LOL! It was getting late; tomorrow a work day for most of us. The oldest son and daughter decided to gather their group and stop at a restaurant on the way home. My son J. and his lady let the little ones bathe in the Jacuzzi before donning their p.j.’s and heading back to his own place; he still had plenty to do after being away hunting most of the week. My bro and his daughter left with them, and the doggies and I were alone. I attacked the routine little jobs that one usually does on a weekend; laundry, cleaning up, bring in wood, preparing garbage for pick-up tomorrow (actually, later this morning). It’s all very well to spend hours visiting now and then, but the work DOES sit and wait on you. Eventually it has to get done.

I didn’t get much sleep; my head was too busy. Saturday I learned that my ex-associate was unable, once again, to meet his obligations, and, as feared, it has left my own company in a financial lurch. There was nothing I could do about it during the weekend. Fortunately, with all the family action going on around me, I was able to file it away in the back of my mind, but now plans need to be made. I will have the unpleasant task of contacting, and probably meeting, my bank later this morning. If there is no other way out, I’ll have to dip into my pension savings again. I’m past being upset about it for the moment. It helps that changes are being made at the office and, although it will take time and enormous effort, we all (the employees and I) are feeling very positive that we’ll make good things happen. As my friend, Kilroy, commented, I have my health, I am surrounded by a loving family and friends, so I count my blessings. The most important things are still there.

With that said and done, I’m going to try copping another hour or two of snooze before leaving for the city. My bro and his daughter will be returning here later this afternoon, and tomorrow will be spent dropping her at the airport, and then at the hospital with him. First things first.

It’s to be sunny here today, according to our Weather Network, and that alone tends to make me SMILE. I’m sending it out to y’all, and hoping you pass it on!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Je suis fâché pour toi de ce qui t'arrive avec tes ex. Que j'ai dont de la difficulté à comprendre. Seulement une anglaise comme toi peut jouir d'un système nerveux capable de supporter toutes ces contraintes. N'y a t-il pas un moyen de s'en sortir? L'argent que tu sors de ton REER est de l'argent perdu, je présume. . GRGRGRGR.Par chance que ton moral est à tout épreuve. J'aime ton attitude positive...Where there's a will there's a way. C'est ce que je te souhaite de tout cœur. Lâche pas la patate.KILR....xxx