Wednesday, March 27, 2013

10 DAYS AND COUNTING...

’10 days before we leave for Japan’ is the status my son wrote on Facebook. He had to be kidding!!

I checked the calendar. Damn, he was right. Now what? I have absolutely nothing prepared, other than my passport, which I will pick up 2 days before our departure date. I’m not even sure my grandson will be around for the dogs – he tells me he may be at work in the new location while we’re gone. His little girlfriend was to come upstairs at least once every day so that Smooch could get used to her, but that hasn’t been happening either – even though I mentioned it several times. ARRGH! I’ll have to get on both their cases tonight (Fred’s and his GF’s); I won’t have an easy mind if I’m worried about Smooch knocking her down in his over-exuberant, gleeful greetings.

If it’s true what they say, that one usually has the best time when not expecting it, I guess it will be my best trip ever. The incentive to go is extremely weak. There’s the work this time of year, the worry about the doggies, having to travel on a very skinny shoestring, the long flight, the constant activity during the visit (my DIL’S parents are determined to show me all of Japan in 8 days), the daily ‘minimal’ earthquake notices....and nobody mention nuclear, please.

Gulp.

Now – I’m depending on everyone who reads this to send me an encouraging word, to convince me that I will enjoy this trip, that all will go well, and that my airplane will stay in the sky when it is supposed to be there. I’m counting on y’all to make me SMILE!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: