Monday, March 11, 2013

IN THAT MIDNIGHT HOUR....

At 2:30 AM I gave up and logged onto Facebook to see if there were any other insomniacs looking for company. I was scrolling over the status page and I heard the message beep; it was my grandson, soon-to-be-daddy, from his job in Alberta. He was coming home today – he needed to leave for the airport in a couple of hours, and was too excited to sleep. He has been transferred to a work site closer to home, so will be here every weekend now, and couldn’t wait to arrive and hug his girlfriend with the baby-in-belly, LOL!! We chatted until 6:30 my time, then I attempted to catch up on some snooze. That didn’t happen. Damn!

Ah well, grandson was on his way, so I figured that I might as well do something constructive. Cookies; I like to make ‘em and he likes to eat ‘em! While they were baking, I decided to throw a Shepherd’s Pie together too. I think I’ve mentioned more than once how I enjoy cooking. It relaxed me enough that I did manage some shut-eye before the phone began to ring at 10...and the day was on a roll.

My daughter met Fred when his flight came in, then drove him home, and she stayed for a coffee...and some cookies, LOL. With her was her rat-dog (Chihuahua), who bravely, and foolishly, growled and yapped at my boys. They were not impressed, and I decided it would be wiser to tie Smooch and avoid an accident. Even Grump had to be isolated outdoors if I wanted to enjoy our visit; otherwise I’d have been distracted by anticipating trouble. I haven’t seen them so hyper in a long time. There is something about Vinnie, my daughter’s dog, that puts their hair on end. Another time we’ll get together to teach these 3 mutts what they can and can’t do to each other.

I took a few moments today to fill out forms to renew my passport. It is presently good until June 2013, but apparently in Japan one needs a 4 month leeway on the expiry date. Fortunately my son and DIL warned me, although sort of last minute? I thought I was good to go...and there are only 3 weeks left before we leave.

I’m tired now, so will make it an early night and hopefully Morpheus will be accommodating. I’ll fall to sleep thinking of my great grand-baby’s name – Lena for a girl, Elliot for a boy – and for sure I’ll have a SMILE! When Mr. Sandman shows up beside your bed, he’ll be carrying your share, all tied up with a huge, green (for Spring) bow!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

No comments: