Wednesday, April 3, 2013

ABOUT THAT TRIP TO JAPAN...

Ok – I MUST start packing today. Without fault. I have to be at the airport for 4 AM Saturday morning, smiling to show my son and DIL that I am enjoying their gift....and presumably be pulling a suitcase with all the necessities needed for 10 days existence away from home. Oh, and my passport that I am to pick up tomorrow, and my ticket, and my driver’s permit, which my son tells me is required to visit a temple in Japan.

Nah – I’m kidding. Well, not about being prepared, because I’m not, but about forcing the smile. My biggest worry was the doggies. It didn’t help when I was informed that Fred’s little GF was reluctant and nervous about being alone with the rambunctious Smooch. I know that Fred could be called away to work anytime during my absence. My neighbour (Louka’s master) is often unavailable too, even if he did promise to look in on them each day.

Then eureka!! Helen, the friend who had spent some time with me after selling her home, showed up and offered to house/dog sit. She is here all week to learn their routine, and handles my youngest, energetic pit easily.

SO – with that problem solved, I am now quite excited about the trip. I will admit that I looked up the price of a parachute on the internet, and tips on ‘What to do in the event of an earthquake’.

The encouragement from friends and family and my much loved Blogit community has helped enormously. Two of my close buddies, Kilroy and Dawna, both well seasoned travellers, assure me that all will be fine, the airplane will be safe...and neither of them are in my will so I figure they’re sincere.

I’ll sign off now, find my suitcase, and get to it. I’ll imagine what the airport employees will be thinking as they serve me double shots of rum for breakfast on Saturday morning, and I’ll be SMILING!

Sharing it with y’all, as always!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: