Thursday, August 13, 2009

WHERE DID MURPHY GO?

It looks like my vacation is going to be interrupted by having to go for x-rays. The doctor isn’t sure what the swelling is, so, besides telling me I need a healthier lifestyle (work less, relax more, eat regular, exercise, etc.), he couldn’t shed light on that tiresome leg pain. He did offer me pills to sleep, which I refused. There has to be another way. Even a couple of Tylenol turn me into a Zombie. They don’t really give me a restful snooze, then for the rest of the day I just wander around in space and it seems to takes forever to get them out of my system. Last night I slept for a grand total of TWO hours…GRRR…between 10 PM & midnight. I worked some, but finally gave up on that too. Too tired to write, or do anything else, but not able to stay in bed. It’s very frustrating. This morning I have a meeting at 9 AM with one of my associates, and I fear I’ll have to come back to the house for a power nap before going to the office in the city. When I’m driving is when I could nod off – it’s getting too dangerous. Maybe I should have someone drive me around for a couple of hours each night like we do with cranky babies. You think that will do the trick, LOL?

I stopped off to visit with Bird for a few moments on the way home yesterday. Frannie was there, so he was in a good mood. Frannie’s hair is red now – it looks real nice on her. I spent some time fixing things up on Bird’s computer before driving home. I was too tired to take a walk with the doggies. I had planned on doing just that – and maybe I should have. I get the fresh country air by sitting out star-gazing on the balcony, but the walk would probably have done more good, and been more conductive to Murphy’s visit. That darned dude didn’t stick around long – maybe I should chain him to the bedpost.

I did get to watch the sun rise over my mountain this morning – gorgeous pinks and greys! What a sight!! And Kilroy is back, so I have fallen into my old routine of reading his blog with my coffee. We are both happy that there is a forecast for sunny days right through the weekend. Line is on vacation, and she called us from her boat yesterday. She has been working very hard, so the break will be good for her– didn’t she have great weather this week? I’m hoping it will continue for my days off next week.

Off I go. Hope you are enjoying this sunshine. We won’t say it too often for fear of waking the Dunany demons who just love to screw up our weather!! Sending you all a big SMILE (albeit a sleepy one), so pass it on!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Hello Koolcat. You take care of yourself. It seems that my friend will have to come to hard decisions concerning her health, You hang on in there and I know your doctor is right when he says to slow down. Rest well during this week's vacation. Klroy xxx