Wednesday, August 26, 2009

HAPPY B-DAY LUKE...AND POSTPONED X-RAYS

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to my NB nephew, LUKE! He turned a big 8 years old, and the pictures of his party are posted on Facebook. I have no doubt that his Mom & Dad made sure his day was a good one!

Here at home…well….I didn’t make it to the x-ray place today. I was planning to go first thing this morning, but the phone rang as I was getting dressed…another mini-crisis… and I ended up going into the office instead. I had it in mind to leave after my 1 PM appointment with a client but, although he called at 1 PM to tell me he was running late and was on his way, he showed up at 3 pm!! Don’t even bother trying to get out of the city at that time. The only thing you’ll get is a high level of traffic frustration. SO…tomorrow morning I see another client at 8:30 (I’m going to his office, and will be on time) then I’ll stop off at the x-ray place before heading to our Gatineau office. I have a couple of potential employees to interview there, the last at 5:30. It’s going to be another late night.

The good news is that the swelling in my leg has gone down, and the pain too. Just that alone is encouraging. The medication is not too drastic; a little nausea, but endurable.

Bird’s doctor didn’t call about his lung x-rays. The dummy (yes, I mean Bird!) didn’t contact her either. She shares an office with my doctor, so it is the same receptionists that I wrote about last week. When I reminded Bird about this fact, also that it was quite possible his doc never even received the results, he promised to call her tomorrow to check it out. He did tell me he is feeling and breathing better, so that’s a relief.

Shan is moving this weekend. It’s a bit of a hassle, because she has to be out of her old house by Saturday, but can’t move into her new house before Monday. Fortunately one of our companies owns a moving truck, and it’s not booked for this weekend. Her stuff will have to sleep in the truck from Sat. morning until Mon. afternoon. Suzie, the Mrs. Clean expert, is coming down Monday morning to give us both a hand in cleaning out the new place. Ha! Another day off for yours truly!

That’s it for now, folks. I’m off to the Jacuzzi, then into Murphy’s arms. My doggies are keeping guard on the gallery, and the Dunany demons have been kind enough to give us not only gorgeous sunshine during the day, but cool night air for the perfect snooze! Wishing you all pleasant dreams, and sending you my sleepy SMILE!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

No comments: