Sunday, August 2, 2009

ALREADY AUGUST?

Wow, has it really been that long since I’ve posted in here? My, time has a way of floating right past us, doesn’t it? Especially if you are working with a deadline on any special project. One of our own companies is at its year-end (as on July 31st) and, try as I might, it just didn’t happen! Interruptions are numerous at the office. That’s a good thing – it means business is still rolling – but it can also hinder concentration, a requirement for another part of business, the accounting part. I finally gave up on Friday – I knew there was no way I’d be finished. Once upon a time this would have upset me enormously, but age has mellowed this old gal. I’m finally learning that it’s no use crying over spilled milk – just be careful how you handle the jug next time. The associates will all be back from their vacation tomorrow, and will be available for the daily office stuff, so today I will scoot up there, pick the necessary documents, and then spend the next two days finishing up the project from home. It will give me at least 3 hours per day more to work at it - the minimum time for negotiating traffic to and from the city. The official construction holiday practiced in Quebec ends today – rush hour can only get worse from here on. UGH!

Shan’s move is still up in the air. Her present house is sold, but she is waiting on the bank’s answer concerning the house she was planning to buy. She knows she has to move, but isn’t quite sure where to yet. Talk about arming yourself with patience, LOL!

I need to stop to see the Bird today. He was doing okay when I spoke to him by phone on Friday. Fran is back in the picture, so that is already a lift of spirits for him. My Detroit Suzie sent me a fax telling me she’d be returning here next weekend – for how long I don’t know. I’m glad – I’ve been missing her. I noticed late last night that my Cubans had called my cell phone yesterday too. They left no message, but I’ll get in touch today to see what’s up. I also need to stop and see Jo so that he can reset my oil-change-doodad in my truck. The garage who did the work neglected to do that, and the oil light is continually flashing - like a Christmas tree. I know the oil is good, but will have to watch the mileage now for the next change instead of depending on the warning system. Another string to tie around my finger! Pretty soon we won’t see my hands at all – just a wad of cord at the end of my arms, LOL!

Off I go, folks! I have been writing a few minutes each day, but need to polish it (checking for spelling mistakes, awkward sentence formation, etc.) before inflicting it on anyone. I will try to get to it this week. Speaking of which – have you figured out the posting method, W. Wendy? I haven’t seen anything new in your Blog for a few days.

Have a good day, y’all! SMILE – even if it rains today. We’re still better off getting wet than fighting forest fires!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: