Saturday, August 15, 2009

A POEM FOR MY CHILDREN

One of my favorite authors on my writing site posted this poem. I just had to copy it and put it in here so my kids could read & get an inkling of what I'm planning, LOL! I did ask permission of course. There was no title, so here goes:

When I'm an old lady, I'll live with each kid,
And bring so much happiness....just as they did.
I want to pay back all the joy they've provided,
Returning each deed. Oh, they'll be so excited!
When I'm an old lady and live with my kids.

I'll write on the wall with reds, whites and blues,
And bounce on the furniture wearing my shoes.
I'll drink from the carton and then leave it out.
I'll stuff up the toilet, and oh, how they'll shout!
When I'm an old lady and live with my kids.

When they're on the phone and just out of reach,
I'll get into things like powder and bleach,
Oh, they'll snap their fingers and then shake their head,
And when the mess is done I'll just go to bed!
When I'm an old lady and live with my kids.

When they cook dinner and call me to eat,
I'll not eat my green beans or salad or meat.
I'll gag on my cabbage, spill milk on the table,
And when they get angry I'll run . . . if I'm able!
When I'm an old lady and live with my kids.
I'll sit close to the TV, through the channels I'll click,
I'll cross both my eyes just to see if they stick.
I'll take off my socks and throw one away,
And play in the mud 'til the end of the day!
When I'm an old lady and live with my kids.

Author unknown.

I bet they're already searching the phonebook for Seniors' residences, LOL!!

I left the office last night, feeling guilty because there was still so much left undone, and I'm supposed to be on vacation. I do have to go in this weekend and clean out a space for the new 'stagiare' who is starting on Monday morning. I think I'll grab Suzie and take her up with me. We enjoy the time together, and it goes much faster with two of us, especially Suzie, who is a champion in that kind of thing.

I didn't really want to accept any stagiares while I would be away, but this student was stuck. A certain number of hours working in an office is a required part of her course, and it is up to the students to contact a business where they can practice working in an office environment. This particular lady had been promised a spot in another place, then was contacted at the last minute and told it had been cancelled. She needs to complete her 4 week stage by mid-September, or no diploma. These students work for free, so there is no cost involved. However, because they are just learning, there is a certain amount of time involved for training and supervision, and none of us at the office has alot of time to spare. However, the employees all agreed that everyone needs a chance, and we have accepted as many stagiares as possible for the month of September and October, and it does give us a leg up on reliable candidates for the placement agency. Still, it's gonna be rock & roll in the office for those two months!

My vacation plans? Massive housecleaning (going through my mom's stuff and giving away what needs to be gone), supervise the staining of the huge gallery, helping my daughter finish the packing for her move, and putting some order in my home office. One whole wall is shelved and crammed full of books and Cd's, all helter-skelter. There are also x-rays to be done, my truck left for its tune-up, and a visit to the optician. Mmmm... maybe I should have scheduled off a month or two, huh? Actually, my mind is set that whatever gets done will get done; what doesn't, won't - a very relaxed, non-intensive agenda.

It's a beautiful sunny day, and I'm going to eat my breakfast outside, sitting on my swing, gazing at my mountain. Ahh - life is good.

Have a nice one, y'all! Give someone your SMILE today - if nothing else it will make you feel better!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Why do you say "Whwn I'm an old lady....". I will not live long enough to see the day.
You will be so busy this week, why do you call it your week's vacation...Slow down kiddo..PS I notice you wrote at 3AM, so was I. Kilroy...XXX