Sunday, August 23, 2009

SHOW & TELL: VACATION

Sunday – a beautiful morning. As I slip quietly out of bed, I glance through the French doors where Grump-puppy is keeping vigil on the gallery. He turns his head; he has heard me. Good. That’s part of his job, after all. Bud doesn’t move, seemingly blissfully unaware, but I know he has heard me too. Why move when the youngster is gung-ho is prove his stuff? No fool, Mr. Bud will save his energy. He’ll use it to show off, pushing rocks twice his size up and down the hills, when his human steps outside.

Tomorrow I go back to the office. The short week of vacation is over. Let’s see….how did it go? MMM…Monday was a lost cause – my leg was swollen and painful, although I did manage to read a whole book. Tuesday was the event at my doctor’s office, certainly not helping my mood, but that was offset by the cuddles from the grandsons. Because I didn’t sleep many hours the first 2 days, I spent most of Wednesday morning in bed, only rushing to get dressed when I received the call that one of my associates was on his way to my house. Yep – that was for business which couldn’t wait, so I worked, albeit from home, Wednesday afternoon into the evening. On Thursday the phone started ringing early - more office things needing an immediate response – and this went on until Thursday night. I took a break by going to one of my ‘used-to-be-favourite’ restaurants for a late supper, only to find that its 5-star meal has fallen to a 1-star category, but still charging the same high prices. How disappointing! Friday morning was a funeral, and the afternoon spent taking my bro, Bird, to the hospital for x-rays of his lungs. We think he has developed pneumonia again and, because he knew I was on vacation, he waited until he could hardly breathe before calling to tell me about it – the dummy! Back from the hospital I fell into bed, and slept for 14 hours!!!! Man, did I feel good when I got up yesterday!! I did some writing, some washing, then went to visit Suzie for a couple of hours, stopped off to see how Bird was doing and chatted there for a bit, then came home and hit the sack again, sleeping another full 8 hours! I awake to bright sunshine, my leg is far less painful, and this vacation, although on its last day, is beginning to look much better. LOL!

Okay, so I’ve learned my lesson. The next time I book days off, I’ll visit the doctor a month BEFORE the allotted period, I will unplug the phones, I’ll tell all and sundry that I am going to Timbuktu, then keep my head down. Right now, at this very moment, I’ll stop my whining and get my butt out into this invigorating mountain air and join my doggies, who are waiting patiently for my company.

I hope you are enjoying the day too, y’all! I’m sending out my SMILE, humming “My, what a beautiful morning…” Sing along with me, and please send that smile on….

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

I told you that the only time I was sick in all the time that I worked was the time I was on vacation. You are right if you do not want to be disturbed , get the hell out of the territory, and not even grump-puppy should not know where you are hiding; however, if he's a good dog, he'll probably find you, Take care of that leg. Fourteen hours of sleep, you must have been at the end of your rope.It's 2pm and i'm only starting to smile