Monday, August 31, 2009

SHAN'S MOVE - AND SIGNING PAPERS

Although the scene was beautiful – the sun rising on my mountain - it was somewhat chilly to sit out on the gallery swing wearing just pyjamas this morning. I wrapped myself up in my old, thick, pink housecoat, a gift from my mom many years ago; put on my high furry slipper boots, and that fit the bill. My coffee cup was steaming, so warmed my two hands, and I could feel the heat off the doggies who leaned up against my legs as I sat there, drinking in the morning silence. All was good.

It was late Saturday afternoon by the time we got Shan’s stuff moved out of her house and piled into the truck. She was staying the weekend with some friends, and we parked the truck there. I drove the movers back home, and will pick them up around 3 PM today so that they can unload everything into Shan’s new home. Suzie is on standby; she’ll be coming down this afternoon to help us give the place a good scrubbing before setting everything up. Uncle Bird has been babysitting Shan’s cat, Nimo, during the activity. I dropped in on him yesterday, and the pair are doing very well together. Bird is a natural with animals. I have yet to see one that has not cuddled up to him immediately. Shan’s dog, Dixie, stayed over with her at her friends. The poor creatures must be wondering what is going on.

Heinz invited me for supper at his apartment Saturday night. He’s an excellent cook, so there was no hesitation there. He’s starting his course next week, and is rushing to get my stone wall done, and to put the stain on the gallery and windows before immersing himself into the theory studies. In November he leaves for Quebec City to do the actually handling of the machines. If he keeps himself sober, I know he’ll succeed with flying colours. He has a knack with anything motorized. We have signed the papers, and there is no longer any question about the house being mine. As has been said again and again, good papers make good business…or friends. We both know exactly where we are going. It’s much easier that way.

It’s time for me to hit the road. A quick jump into the office (and I have a good excuse for wearing jeans to work today, LOL), then back here to complete the move. The sun is brilliant out there folks – it has come back after a weekend off, so put on your best SMILE and get outside if you can. I’ve been wearing my SMILE since yesterday, and it feels great!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

I note you posted your blog at 4:47 am. At what time did you get up? Why do you need a stone wall for? I bet your tête à tête dinner saturday was nice. Good for you. I wish Heinz well...me...Kilr