Tuesday, July 28, 2009

FINDING MIMI

Mimi & I finally got together after work last Friday. It seems neither of us have changed all that much – we slipped right into conversation as if we had last met only two weeks ago instead of the real time lapse of fifteen years. A lot, good and bad, has happened in both our lives since then – we had much catching up to do. Yet it was just so easy to chat and hug and laugh – there was no hesitation whatsoever. Maybe that is the test of real friendship – long periods of absence make no difference – you just pick up where you left off. I am lucky enough to have a few friends like that. It’s more precious than gold.

The rest of the weekend I spent holding hot compresses on my eye. Saturday morning I awoke with my left eye nearly swollen shut. I expect driving with the windows open caused it, especially at night without the protection of sunglasses. The pharmacist gave me antibiotics with which to dose the culprit, and by Sunday evening I could see again. A very quiet weekend – I only managed some housework…and excessive whining. I admit it – I’m a big baby where pain is concerned. I would be the worst possible candidate for torture!

I miss reading Kilroy’s blog each morning – he’s on the boat cruising up to Alaska as I write. I was thinking that I could read Wicked Wendy’s posts instead but..??? No new writing in there, maybe she’s busy with her gazillion doggies. Puppies are cute, one at a time. Taking care of a couple of batches is another thing altogether, I imagine.

Shan’s house is definitely sold. All should be notarized on August 7th, the date she was to renew her mortgage, therefore no penalty. Now she is taking steps for the purchase of her new house – still in the same area, but smaller, so less upkeep.

It’s that time again. The drive into the city is easier this week, probably because of the construction holiday here in Quebec. Those poor folks – once again they have had mostly rain for their yearly vacation. Maybe the people responsible for forcing construction workers to take their holidays the last two weeks of July (I am totally AGAINST this, by the way ) should look at changing it to August which, for the past three years at least, has had better holiday weather. Who wants to work their butt off all year then be forced to take your vacation when you just KNOW it’s going to rain most of the time?? Bah! Humbug!!

Yours truly is not on vacation, so off I go to prepare for my daily commute. Have a great day, y’all – they’re predicting sunshine in this area at least – so get out there if you can and take advantage of it while it lasts! Sending you all big SMILES!!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: