Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WHETHER...AND WEATHER

The results of all those tests are back, and the doc actually admitted that I could be right – I’m not in tiptop shape anymore, but it wasn’t as bad as he feared. Most of the symptoms were coincidental (that’s where my self-diagnosis was accurate), all happening at the same time, yet he was wise to be very thorough. He gave me a few rules to follow, then scheduled a follow-up scan for January. We parted friends, LOL.

I did contact my youngest and extended an olive branch of sorts for his lady; her reaction, or lack of, will tell us how much importance she attributes to the wellbeing of her man and her children.

We have been busy with Helen’s moving in; change of address from one province to another takes more time, is more complicated, and the language is a barrier in her case. She does understand most French and English, but panics when confronted with paperwork. It’s a throwback from her days in Germany, where official documents were required to move from one apartment to another even in the same building.

Two rather fierce storms roared through this area; the one on the weekend resulted in a burnt power source for my main computer. My Cuban friend was able to do the repairs on Sunday, which enabled me to continue working the next day. Grateful was me that all my data was intact!

I sat with the doggies on the gallery and watched the second storm roll in, each huge cloud blacker than the one before, shags of lightning brightening the skies, then the boom of thunder resonating in the late afternoon. It was awesome to see, and to listen as the rain approached from far, first softly, then pelting down so loudly that you couldn’t hear yourself think. That’s when my four legged companions looked at me with apprehension, anxious to take shelter inside but unwilling to leave me alone out there. I had forgotten to unlock my bedroom door, which is protected by the hangover roof, so we had to hightail it through the torrents and enter by the kitchen. The three of us were soaked in just that short distance, but my boys think that whatever the mistress does is fine as long as we’re together, so their tails were wagging, and I, feeling like a kid again, was SMILING with the adventure!!!

Sharing those SMILES with you – wet, but warm.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

ladymugins said...

Hello Rhonda I am glad to hear your test results so I will wonder less about your wellbeing! Thank God for the blog so I get a clue about your doings
I have mailed snail mail to you via Canada post so check your mail . Sent Mon morn....Hugs and smiles back at you..Merkie