Wednesday, July 10, 2013

MY ROOMIE

My daughter’s youngest son, who will be 16 in September, found a summer job in this area. Because he starts at 6:30 AM, and because his mom is still living 40 minutes away, they asked if he could stay over here during the week. Of course he can! His mom warned me that he is hard to get up in the morning, but I threatened to let Smooch wake him if I have to rouse him more than once. I have had no problem getting him out of bed at all. Who wants to be awakened by a rambunctious 117 pound doggie?

Once again it is a happy change in my routine. Instead of eating whenever I’m in the mood, breakfast is at 5:30 AM, supper at 6:00 PM, and not just cheese and biscuits and fruit. This lad works hard physically, so needs his meat and potatoes. He’s also on a health kick, so veggies are a must too. There are lunches to be made and often taxi service in the evening. He hasn’t got his driver’s permit yet, and his friends live in town, and there is soccer practice and soccer coaching every other night.

It’s only temporary. My daughter has decided to move back to this area. Her present apartment is listed for rent; it’s a nice place and we don’t expect it will take long to be snatched up. When that happens, I’ll lose my roomie. For the moment though, it’s quite nice, if action packed. Of all my grandchildren, Raph is the one I know least. We haven’t really spent much time alone together. This arrangement is a bonus for both of us.

Ah – and did I mention he is the sports-minded grandchild? We can discuss hockey and soccer and baseball; the players, the teams, the games. The TV is constantly tuned to one of those activities when he is in the house, and he doesn’t have it blaring, contrary to most teens. He is very knowledgeable, and we are learning from each other. How kool is that?

No wonder I’m SMILING!!! Sending them out and about to y’all!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

No comments: