Friday, July 5, 2013

UPDATE

- My son, Jo, has finally had his operation. They removed the blocked piece of his big intestine Thursday with success. Sadly, while he was on the operating table, his lady’s much beloved grandmother slipped into a coma and passed over. My son was fond of her, as were we all, and I could tell by his short text the next day that he is in pain, both his body and his heart.

- I spent most of the past 3 weeks doing medical tests and/or procedures. Suzie was home from Detroit and accompanied me when a driver was needed. On one of those days we left the hospital and headed to a restaurant; I hadn’t eaten for 24 hours. It was only after the meal, as we were heading back to the parking lot, that I looked down and realized I was still wearing those blue hospital slippers. They were hanging out over the back of my Crocs. Seeing this sent us into spasms of giggles on the main street; it was a good 10 minutes before we could walk again.

- Last Monday my oldest Rug rat called me twice on Facetime! I was overjoyed! It has been so long!! He wandered around the house, showing me his cat first, then Wigi (little doggie) and finally his brothers. They were allowed to chat for a couple of seconds before Nalou put his finger over the viewer, effectively cutting off his siblings’ conversations. It was, after all, HIS call to his Mémère, and his IPod! We made plans that they visit here with Daddy when he recovers from his operation. (No, the situation with the estranged DIL has not changed.)

- The past weekend found me with my older son, my Japanese DIL, and my sisters and relatives from my father’s side. It was a mini family reunion of sorts and, although I was limping, we had a great time. My Dad had 6 children after separating from my mom, and they have children who have children. Many of them were present ...with lots of doggies, and for some it was a first meeting. I enjoyed it tremendously.

- Blogit booted me off again for a bit – the time spent with the doctors meant I was working less, therefore my finances suffered. Still, they owed me much more than I owe them, so I got into a huff and asked to withdraw my earnings. I’m still waiting.... but in the meantime managed to settle things on my side, so here I am!!! I sure missed the Blogit family!! I wonder if the managers count on that? They know we’ll even sell our beer bottles to pay the fee!!

And that’s it for now, folks. I have hours of pleasant catching-up to do in my reading, and a gazillion SMILES stored up to send out. There they go, riding the wind; they should be showing up at your door any moment now!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: