Friday, July 12, 2013

TO BELIEVE OR NOT TO BELIEVE

I believe in Angels.

There may be some who think as I do, others who will scoff at such ‘fantasies’ , telling me there is no scientific proof, therefore Angels can’t exist. My eldest son was of the latter group until his Uncle Bird passed over. Now he’s not so sure; certain events have touched him directly for which he has no, what he would call, ‘reasonable’ explanation.

But this post is not about Angels really. It is more about the power of believing. Even scientists have little doubt about mind over matter. On too many occasions more than one of those formidable persons have watched something scientifically impossible (or what present knowledge would deem so) take place, and then scrambled to determine the why’s and how’s. Their arguments, however convincing, will often fall on deaf ears.

What one firmly believes can bring us to exalted heights, as well as literally to our knees in despair. It can cause great joy or extreme terror. More importantly, it can be shared...but never actually imposed. If you want to change what you believe, you can. If you don’t, no amount of imposing will make it happen.

Paying lip service is one thing, and probably pardonable if it will save a life, helps someone else, or results in any type of good action. I repeat, probably. But will agreeing, for whatever the cause, change your gut feeling? Not very likely. Your belief is part of your soul (another term which can cause our intellectuals to shudder in exasperation), and your soul is your own for as long as you live and breathe on this earth. The truth is, nobody, but NOBODY can force you to BELIEVE, or to not believe. There are glaring examples: Christians being thrown to the lions, and Islamic extremists becoming suicide bombers.

Personal experience has led me to believe in Angels. Nothing you can tell or show me will change my mind. I won’t try to convince you that they exist and, as well meaning or as dominating as it may be, your attempt to convince me that they don’t will fail.

I also believe in SMILES. I’m sending some to y’all right now, and it’s your choice if you want to grab them in passing, or let them float by. I’ve decided that I’ll accept all those that are sent back to me, so bring ‘em on!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: