Monday, July 22, 2013

MORE OF THE SAME...AND CHANGES

So – I now have a new roomie. My grandson, Raph, found a better summer job in his own area, and is back in his home as of yesterday. Helen, after a week of quiet reflection, drove down to NB with a buddy on Saturday, collected some personal things, and returned here last night. Hopefully the suggestion that she renovate the area upstairs to her own taste will keep her mind busy while she deals with the aftermath of some rather turbulent changes from the past few months. She’s a strong lady, loves the bush and, most importantly, has been accepted by my two doggies.

The power was restored just in time for our annual birthday party that was held Saturday afternoon until late into the evening. Once again I was surrounded by loving family and friends, including all the little ones jumping in and out of the swimming pool, crawling through the jungle gym, or coming to sit on our laps – wet bathing suits leaving their mark time and time again. My Rug rats, accompanied by a recuperating Daddy, spent the day with us, and I got in as much hugging as I could before they would escape, squealing, to rejoin the fray. DIL was not there, of course, and even if I sound like a B-tch saying it, the day was more pleasant because of her absence.

It’s a delicate situation, one that needs to be fixed. An intense dislike for a member of the family does not sit well in my mind or heart. It is extremely difficult for my son. He and his siblings are not used to their mother being the one holding back when it comes to soothing ruffled feathers, ensuring that our family knot be safe and strong. Each of them will lightly mention it during conversations here and there. Fortunately they know better than to pressure me, and I appreciate that my refusal to discuss it further is respected. However, watching my youngest, who hardly left my side during the whole party, I realized that it has gone on long enough; he’s hurting badly.

The party over, I took a long walk with my doggies, absorbing the soft night sounds of the bush. It is the usual way to do some serious thinking when solutions are required, and it didn’t fail me. I believe I have come up with a plan, one that we can all live with, to at least initiate a reconciliation of sorts. I see the doctor for my test results today at noon, but after my appointment I will contact my son and start the procedure. I’ll be throwing the ball into his lady’s court. Her reaction will determine the next step. Regardless, even if it gets worse before it gets better, I will do all that I can to discourage her creating this rift in our circle. If she continues, on her head be it.

It’s a beautiful summer’s day with perfect temperatures after that excessive heat spell, Morpheus actually stayed around last night for more than a few hours, and if I was twenty years younger I’d be jumping and clicking my heels. Having just passed another birthday, we’ll forget that part. An ungraceful landing is a pretty sure result.

Thankfully, any age can accommodate a SMILE, and mine are floating out from my bush, heading your way!!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: