Monday, July 8, 2013

AND NOW ANOTHER....

Disaster after disaster, here, there, everywhere; be it Mother Nature or man-made, it has been keeping the journalists busy, and the general population shaking heads and asking ‘What next?’ Recently there certainly seems to be a lot going on at the same time. Is this unusual?

My question is valid...coming from me. I’m not a huge pursuer of the media. In spite of the adage that ‘where there’s smoke, there’s fire’, I find much of it just hogwash, dramatized, and I often doubt its accuracy. It’s nearly a sure thing that reading news headlines alone will change my mood to sad, angry, annoyed...most of those feelings that I continually attempt to, if not completely avoid, restrict to the minimum unless it is in a book that I can put down when I’ve had enough.

I’ve been accused of being an eternal optimist. I don’t agree. I can bitch with the best of them, and do so more often than I care to think about. Just ask my friends and family. I do believe, however, that I’ve been extremely lucky in my life. I also hold that one should seek whatever is good in any event (there is always something) and that (here I go again!) there is a reason for everything. My favorite e-mail going around is the one about the man who, on rising each morning, chooses that he will be happy, or will at least dwell on the brighter parts of that day.

Still, I repeat my question – is the present succession of calamitous events irregular? Or is it just that we are not used to such things in our part of the world? Or have I been a turtle all this time, dealing only with whatever is happening inside my personal shell, oblivious to all the harassed rabbits scampering around me?

Damn, there it goes. I’ll have to go back to bed now and get out on the other side. No way do I want to go through a day without SMILING. I wish that it could be that easy for everyone else out there.

And just in case you need one....or even if you don’t...I’m sending some of those SMILES your way. One can never have too many.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: