Sunday, July 7, 2013

CATS AND...MORE CATS

Dora, the cat living with my grandson, now has a nearly identical companion, the differences being that Pinch has a small black triangle on the chin (Pinch in French is a nickname for a Quixote type beard), and, more importantly, that Pinch is a male. He is still young, but kittens mature quickly, and I stressed to my tenants that he wouldn’t give a darn if Dora is his sister, nor will she, when comes time for mating.

Neither of the cats has been neutered. I have mentioned it numerous times, and am assured that it will happen...but so far it hasn’t....and Pinch is already about 5 months old. I fear I will really have to put my foot down with my grandson this time. I find kittens cute, but don’t want a bunch of them running around here, and/or having to put them down, and/or drop them off at a pet shop. I really can’t fathom why it has been delayed. My grandson is usually a responsible sort, but lately I’m scratching my head. Maybe his mind is centered on the November arrival of his baby girl (making me a great grandmother), and the cats actually belong to his GF, but just the same...

Yesterday I did request that he make sure they were inside his apartment when he retired for the evening. He was leaving them out, and for three mornings in a row, at approximately 2 AM, I was awakened by their crawling up the screen on my bedroom window, demanding entrance. The doggies are used to them, of course, but NOBODY has the right to try and enter Mistress’s bedroom when they are on guard duty, especially in the middle of the night! It was a bit of a racket, and it meant that I had to get up and carry them (to avoid ‘the chase’) to the apartment door and scoot them downstairs. Being the insomniac that I am, there was no way I could get back to sleep. He agreed. He knows I like the kitties, but it just made common sense. I didn’t tell him that I cuddled them a few minutes before I sent them home, which may have resulted in their repetitive action.

He has been careful. They have not shown up for the past couple of nights, but I am still waking at 2 AM, which is part of the reason that I’ve been posting to my blog and commenting on others so very early. I note that I am not the only one doing so; Morpheus is not partial in his negligence.

It’s 5 AM here, which seems to be the hour when I CAN find easy slumber, so I’ll mosey back to my room, and let the birds serenade my dreams.

Sending you all sleepy SMILES!!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: