Tuesday, July 30, 2013

HOARDER, YOU SAY?

My house has been upside down for the past 2 years, if not more. When Bird moved in with me, lock, stock and barrel (he didn’t want to throw anything away), my stuff was shifted around to make room, then shifted another time to store office furniture when the business closed in the city, and even more so when my son and his family shared this residence...and now there is Helen who is attempting to fix up her space in here. Each brought furniture and belongings, most of which stayed even if the occupants, except for Helen, of course, did not.

Add to that everything that my grandson and his little GF have collected for themselves and the coming baby. They are in the process of buying their first home, so family and friends are loading them with articles they may need. They are storing it here until their move, which should take place in early fall.

An unsuspecting guest would be surprised to turn a corner of any room and be confronted with a leaning mattress, and/or a couple of couches piled one on top of the other, a baby stroller, and other articles too numerous to mention. Oh, can’t forget the bulging boxes....plenty of boxes, often stacked and teetering so that one manoeuvres carefully, very carefully, around them. If I was a ‘neat-freak’, like my friend, Suzie, I’d have surely been picked up by the white coats by now. A Hoarder’s Paradise!

UGH!

Watching poor Helen struggle to clean the room upstairs spurred me to action. I called my son, who will arrange to recuperate his leftover beds and toys and clothes this week. Another truck will be coming for the office furniture on Saturday or Sunday, whichever day it doesn’t rain, and will empty the garage. Helen and I marked things to be either left for large Garbage disposal, or dropped off at the Charity Central in the village, which will also be taken care of this weekend. Because there is plenty of good furniture, Helen will use what is already here instead of buying anything more. I may finally get to remember what my floors look like when bare!!

Then it will probably be time to repair and paint....so right back into the fray we will go!!

Oh well, my sanity is saved by escaping outside and walking among the trees and rocks and wildflowers. Each is where it is supposed to be, designated by that most talented of artists, Mother Nature. It never fails to make me SMILE.

Sending y’all a few of them to help with your day!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

No comments: