Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WILL I LEAVE?

It’s 10:35. I was to pick Suzie’s sister up at 4 AM, which meant I need to be up around 2:30 AM if I want to be awake enough to drive, plus cover the distance to arrive at her house for that hour. However, seeing how the day unfolded, I decided to call and warn her that I may be a touch late. She was very agreeable, although I know she is anticipating the trip with much excitement. She has never been to visit Suzie’s home, so it will be quite a treat. We agreed that I will phone her when I get out of bed – she’ll have ample time to do her last minute things, and I won’t feel rushed because she is waiting.

I won’t write a list in here, because it will sound like I’m whining, but it seemed that today everything and everybody was throwing obstacles in the path of my planned departure. Delay after delay, all of it leading up to me throwing my hands in the air and yelling ‘What next!!???” and very close “To hell with it. I’m staying home.” Suzie made sure THAT wasn’t going to happen, LOL. She called, and called again, just to tell me how lonesome she was and how she couldn’t wait for our arrival.

So, most things are taken care of now. Except….my dog-sitters, who were supposed to arrive tonight, have promised to show up at least by noon tomorrow. If not…well, besides being livid, I’ll contact my daughter and she’ll come to let the doggies outside for a bit, and make sure they are fed and watered each day. Worse come to worse, I’ll cut my trip short and return on Sunday instead of Tuesday. I have full confidence that Shan can deal with them until then.

The idea of shutting off my cell-phone won’t work either, but that can be taken in stride too. Hey – when we have NO work we’re allowed to complain; it won’t kill me to take a couple of calls. The timing for this vacation fell right into the period where most companies are back from holidays and ready for business, and the requests are coming in. I’ll be smarter next time and try taking my vacation during the same months as most of the clients do. We live and learn…even at 60, LOL.

Obviously, my idea of making it an early night is scrapped. I have filled my Jacuzzi while writing this, so will now try to seduce my friend Morpheus. A long drive in the rain, and sleepy to boot, is NOT a good idea. Then again, although Suzie’s sister can’t share the driving, she can chatter enough to make sure I stay awake.

In spite of the hassles, I can’t help but be pleased with this day. The doctors confirmed that, although the biopsy showed malignant cells, the operation was successful and there is no more sign of cancer in my brother’s mouth, throat, or tongue. They are quite certain that the spot on his lungs is only pneumonia, and have promised to give him an earlier date for his scan. Relief!! And the idiot bro of mine dared to grouch that our trip to the city was for nothing!! He came very close to needing the hospital for wounds inflicted by his sister!! He did agree that his grumbling was stupid when faced with the other possible diagnosis. DUH!

Okay, I’m outta here! Once again sending SMILES and hopes that you’ll all have a great weekend!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Est-ce que çà se peut que ton frère a un peu le tempérament de Tony...un peu grognon sur les bords
J'espère que tu as pu te libérer et partir pour Détroit. Si vous avez démarrer à 4h, çà fait 7 heures que vous roulez, parce qu'ici il est 10h, and she would roll, roll, roll, comme dans la chanson. Tu mérites de bien t'amuser avec ta gang de girls. Salut...Kilr. XXX