Saturday, September 11, 2010

AND MY RETURN

I’m back. Actually, I finally arrived home around 10:30 PM on Wednesday night. The drive back was slower, caused by a mix of intermittent rain and construction. I dropped Suzie’s sister at her apartment, then stopped in at my daughter’s place. In the ordinary, we chat nearly every day; after me being away we needed to catch up.

The doggies were ecstatic when I walked in the door. They both milled around me for an hour ….I was tripping over one or the other, LOL. I must say they looked fine; the dog sitters, who showed later the day of my departure, were exemplary in their care. Of course! It was my brother, Bird, and Fran who stayed at my place while I was gone, and Bird has a way with animals. Fran also completed the staining of my kitchen windows, and that was a bonus!

A stint in the Jacuzzi was the perfect answer after the long drive. No hot water. Damn! I reset the tank again (now I know I’ll have to buy a new one) and waited 30 minutes. Success! Ten minutes later the electric power flicked, then flicked again, and went off. I decided I was past caring, crawled into bed with the help of a flashlight, and Morpheus claimed me. How sweet it was!

The ring of the phone woke me at 8:30 the next morning. I was to return to work only on Monday, but that didn’t happen. Although I didn’t drive into the office, I was busy, busy, busy all day, alternating between computer, cell phone, and the land line. I didn’t get to attend my granddaughter’s 18th birthday party that night, but I managed to see and congratulate her, and meet her new gift (a Chihuahua puppy) during the day. I was exhausted by 9 PM anyway, so an outing was not in my cards.

Friday was much of the same, except I finally stopped everything around 5 PM and began to prepare a beef bourguignon for my supper guests. This date had been scheduled well in advance, and I was looking forward to it. I was running late, but so were they, so all turned out fine. My guests were Dawna, my friend since high school, and her husband, Malcolm. We spent a most enjoyable evening chatting and looking at slides of their trip to England. The scenery in the pictures was spectacular, particularly Wales with its rugged terrain. I’ll have to go there someday – just seeing the pictures pulled at my heartstrings. Maybe it was in a former life…..

This morning was another rude awakening by the telephone – a problem with my associates. We fixed it best we could, and it is now 1:30 PM on Saturday. I’ve finally had the time to unpack my suitcase and start a washing. Thank heavens the Bird and Fran cleaned the house before leaving, because I think I’d just run away from home if I had housework to do too.

It’s a beautiful, sunshiny day out there. I’ve disconnected the bothersome telephone, and am going to walk down the drive with the doggies. My apple tree, situated near the bottom of Bud’s hill, is sporting delicious McIntosh fruit and begging for admiration, and possible picking. Then tonight I fully intend to sprawl on my gallery with a bottle of red wine, maybe some Pink Floyd, and hug the heck out of my doggies. Next on the agenda are a long Jacuzzi, and an early meeting with Morpheus. I know he’ll be around. I handcuffed the elusive fellow to the bedpost, LOL!

Have a good weekend, folks! Sending you out SMILES!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

De tout ton monde, je te gage que tes chiens ont été les plus démonstratifs de la joie qu'ils ont eu à te voir revenir à la maison. Il me semble que je les vois tout excités.
Mon épouse a visité l'Angleterre. Elle en est revenue enchantée. Moi aussi j'aimerais aller y faire un tour un jour. Je ne sais pas vraiment comment tu te sens à ton retour d'un si long voyage, mais moi, j'étais entièrement vidé en revenant du mien. KILR....XXX