Sunday, September 19, 2010

AND FINALLY...SLEEP!

Last night, receiving a call that I would have no surprise visitors, or would at least be warned in advance if the visit could happen, I finally gave in and took a couple of Usana tablets before going to bed. It was a great 9 hour sleep! This morning I woke to a crisp day, but loads of sunshine out there. It’s a definite lift of spirits, in spite of the hours of preparation still needed for the associate’s meeting. It’s scheduled for tonight at 9 PM.

Constant crunching of numbers can lead to errors, so yesterday I took regular breaks. During those, I managed to wash the fireplace windows, the floors and a load of winter clothes. In between all that, I doctored Bud and Grump for Kennel cough (a gift from the beautiful Louka). The doggies were so happy to have me home all day! We took our short walk, and I made sure to go outside often, where they could see me watch them play. As a result, they were far more relaxed last night. I’d brought up some wood, so by 10 PM they were both installed by the fireplace, snug on their cosy pillows, ready to snooze quietly and ignore the movement of the nocturnal bush creatures. By 11 PM, nothing was stirring in my house, not even a mouse….LOL!

Today my son and his army buddy are to come and finish the exterior steps leading into the basement apartment. Once that is completed, I’ll be able to rent it out, and any additional income, especially during the winter months, is welcome! I expect my DIL, Yoshiko, will be with them. I haven’t seen her since she left our office to follow her dream of working in a travel agency, so I’m looking forward to their arrival. Being familiar with the company accounting, Yo can give me a hand verifying the report I’ve prepared too; a bonus! She won’t be working for free; I’ve a chicken ready for roasting and lemon meringue tarts on the menu, and she has always enjoyed my cooking.

A quick shower to make myself presentable, then back to the numbers I go! First, though, at the risk of sounding like a publicity stunt for Justi’s Secret Kitchen products, I must tell you her sorghum mustard is very tasty, and if you want a real treat, it is the fig jelly with warm tea biscuits! Yum!! If I don’t fit into any of my winter clothes, I’ll blame it on Justi! For those of you in Blogit, I don’t have to explain who she is. For any readers of the family blog, Justi is a writer who posted pictures and descriptions of her homemade products on the Blogit site. They sounded so appetizing, and I love trying new foods, so I ordered a selection. I was not disappointed; so far each of them has lived up to taste bud expectations! And with that, I have admitted to being lazy, and using the same post on both family and Blogit sites.

I note that Kilroy’s post wasn’t there this morning, so I had to drink my coffee reading the lotto numbers and the astrology column. I believe he has been having a problem with his blog site too. I know how frustrating that can be, so I’ll give him a break for today…but tomorrow morning I’ll be needing my fix, my friend!

Have a good Sunday, folks. I’m sending you all sunny SMILES, and know that you’ll pass it on.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Çà paraît que tu as bien dormi la veille , çà se sent . Il faut être en forme pour rencontrer tes associés. Agree? Est ce que Yoshiko travaille pour un agence de voyage? Je croyais qu'elle était retourné travailler chez toi. Toi aussi tu as commencé à sortir ton linge à manches longues.
PS: Si tu es à la recherche d'un petit chien, Tony est prêt à donner sa petite chienne...You never know? Kilr...xxx