Tuesday, September 28, 2010

HOME AND HOCKEY

Noon break. It is my first day staying at home, and I’ve spent most of it handling business problems by telephone; so much for working quietly! Still, I am saving gas PLUS 4 hours travel time, and my doggies have been in and out often, and are now playfully wrestling each other in the kitchen, happy that Mistress is present. Just that alone makes it all worth while. It is a dull, rainy temperature outside, but my morale is warm and sunny. I’m humming Bob Marley’s tune ‘Every little thing is gonna be alright’. Like, hey – I’m making money and still in my p.j.’s here – what more could one want???

And my Habs won their game last night. Yep, we’re back to hockey fever. It is just pre-season, giving the fans an opportunity to see the new players in action but, as you know, the sport is fascinating for yours truly. It is definitely one way of pausing the constant business-on-brain. No-one can say it makes me a couch potato either, because I’m jumping up and down, or dancing around with the doggies throughout the whole scenario – I get more exercise than I would going for a walk! That’s also the reason I prefer to watch the games alone; I wouldn’t want anyone calling the men in white coats to come and take me away, LOL! Before starting time last night, one of my favourite players, bad-boy Maxime Lapierre, was awarded the Jean Beliveau trophy for community service. It seems he has organized events that collected millions of dollars for various children’s charities in our region. Way to go, Max!! Mr. Beliveau himself was interviewed, and he is so much like my friend, Kilroy; his looks, his walk, his speech, his class…nearly a direct replica. I can never see Mr. Beliveau without thinking of Kilroy.

Eh bien, lunch time is over. Back to work. Hoping you are all enjoying the day, and sending y’all a huge SMILE! Please pass it on – someone out there will surely appreciate it!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Je suis rouge comme une tomate. Me faire comparer à Jean Béliveau est tout un honneur . Merci. WOW Je suis certain que tu as apprécié ta première journée de travail passée à la maison, du moins c'est ce que je ressens dans ton écrit. J'aime un gars comme Maxime Lapierre, tough on the ice, bagareur à ses heures, mais le cœur à la bonne place. Je dis souvent que les paroles ne veulent rien dire, ce sont les actions qui comptent. Maxime ne parle pas beaucoup mais agit. Mon genre de monde. Parler peu agir beaucoup. KILR...