Thursday, September 30, 2010

RECYCLING, LAS VEGAS AND UFOS

The recycling truck comes around only once every two weeks. I had forgotten it for over a month, so today I was up at 5 AM and hauling that huge, heavy container; two bulging, blue plastic bags; and a pile of folded cardboard boxes out to the end of the long, steep driveway. It took three trips to complete the job, much to the doggies’ delight. Even the beautiful Louka showed up to run around me in circles, her tail waving in encouragement. As I grunted under the weight, I eyed all three of those canines, contemplating if there was a way I could fit them into a harness, fabricate a sort of trailer……then bang! In their excitement of taking such an early morning run, and more intent on watching me than where they were going, Grump-puppy and Louka barrelled into each other. Both flew head-over-teakettle. Picturing the result if one of them HAD been dragging the overloaded container, I quickly scrapped the thought of using them to help me. For amusement only, was my thought. I have to admit they fit the bill; it wasn’t even daylight and they already had me laughing.

Today is the second day working from home. So far, so good. It isn’t even 9:30 AM and 2 payroll faxes have been completed and sent on their way; a profit and loss statement is nearly ready, and I’ve had conversations with three clients. We’re rolling!! I’m not in my p.j.’s - the stroll to take out the recycling meant getting dressed – but I’m very comfortable in jeans and an over-sized sweater, not appropriate office wear. Wonderful! A bonus is that I’ll be able to watch my hockey game tonight from the drop of the puck instead of sitting in traffic, listening to the first period on the car radio. Just that alone makes this idea worthwhile!

My daughter, Shan, is on her way to Las Vegas this morning. She has a 4-day break, a paid trip, and is hoping for beginner’s luck on the gaming tables. She called yesterday, flustered because she had just learned that her oldest son‘s job is taking him to Abitibi (northern Quebec) on Monday. He’ll be gone before she arrives on that night, and her mother’s heart was hurting because she wouldn’t be there to wave goodbye. Fred is 20, works with Hydro Quebec, and is quite able to take care of himself, but he has been renting his mom’s basement apartment since he was 18, so she’ll miss his company for sure. Like any mom, she’s worried that he’ll forget to take enough warm socks, his winter coat, etc., and realizes how lonesome she will be with him not being around every night. It’s always hard to cut the apron strings, isn’t it?

Before I get back to work, I want to check the Montreal news. On my drive home last night, I heard a doctor claiming to have spotted a UFO in the skies over the city on Tuesday. Apparently he was not the only person to have seen it. Hummm…well, 2012 is fast approaching; could this be a sign that there is some truth in all those predictions? And who should they meet if they instruct us to ‘Take me to your leader’? Any suggestions? I want to be prepared if they decide to land in the bush…….

Have a good day, folks! Mine is already looking fine, so I’m SMILING – sharing it with you!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Tu sembles avoir eu tellement de cochonneries à mettre au chemin que je suis certain que le camionneur a rempli son camion chez vous, et c,est assez pour le rendre de mauvaise humeur.
À 20 ans un gars est un homme et il n'y a rien que l'on puisse lui dire . Il se foute des conseils de tout le monde et ne fera qu'à sa tête. S'il n'est pas capable de s'habiller comme du monde , il va geler seulement une fois pour s'en souvenir longtemps. Après tout., un gars élevé dans les montagnes des pays d'en haut, comme alentour de Brownsburg, il est endurci au froid. Dis çà à ta fille. Beaucoup de prédictions ont été émises dans le passé concernant la fin du monde, mais aucune ne s'est matérialisée. En ce qui me concerne, ces affaires là sont tous de la BS. Absolument personne ne peut prédire l'avenir. Même pas moi, ou toi. Il y a une explication pour tout ce que l'on peut voir passer dans le ciel,.Foi de Kilroy....xxxx..Bonne soirée.