Monday, September 13, 2010

BACK TO WORK

Today it’s back to work. I’ve been awake since 4:45, knowing that the rush hour at this time of year is time-consuming, and that I’ll have to leave very early if I want to get to the office at a reasonable hour. I prefer going through the piles on my desk when it is quiet and easier to concentrate, before the employees meet me with their lists, or the telephones ring. Already aware that certain sticky problems are waiting, I can’t say that I’m looking forward to the day. It didn’t used to be like that. Once upon a time I’d have been gung-ho to return and get my teeth into whatever was looming. I’m not certain if it is the situation caused by decisions made by associates, or just plain age, but I’m finding it difficult to stir up any enthusiasm for the tasks at hand. However, I still haven’t lost my determination, so that should get me going; the enthusiasm will hopefully kick in later.

Yesterday was a dull weather day, but soon brightened by hugs and kisses from my three little rug-rats. Their dad did not have the adaptor for my camera though, so I’ll take my friend, Wiley’s, advice and go to Future Shop, camera in hand, and hope they can help me. I want to e-mail the picture of the sunflower to my son and Yoshiko. More than one person suggested that the seed for the isolated beauty was dropped by a bird. It seems to be the only explanation.

My brother was feeling much better yesterday too, so there’s another worry put to bed. We chatted for an hour or so, and I was so pleased that he managed to repair my microwave! The plastic part to hold the door closed had broken. Once again, I didn’t realize how handy the thing was until I could no longer use it.

Well, it’s that time again. Off I go to prepare for my trek into the city. One bright note is the package I have waiting for me there from My Secret Kitchens; I’m anxious to sample the tastes in those various little jars which looked so appetizing on Justi’s blog. The employees were warned to keep their sticky fingers away until I returned to the office, LOL!

Have a great one, folks! May the adventures of this day keep you SMILING!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

C'est rare que je te sens si peu enthousiasmé pour ton retour au travail. Changer la couche de notre bébé ne nous dérange pas mais quand il s'agit du bébé du voisin, on voit çà d'un autre œil...You know what Imean.Est que çà se peut que tu passes beaucoup de temps au téléphone. Quatre heures en Alberta, une heure avec ton frère, il ne te restera plus de temps pour laver ton plancher et ta galerie de dehors. Alors, get to work.(LOL). KILR...xxx