Saturday, May 29, 2010

WAITING..WAITING..

I rarely watch it, but I do find some of the commercials on TV as interesting as the programs. While glued to the ‘boob-tube’ during the NHL series, I saw the TELUS advertisement, forcibly over and over again. It’s the one with the hippopotamus
swimming around to the music of ‘Splish-splash, I was taking a bath…’.
Catchy – although I have no idea what it has to do with a cell phone. I watched the series on French television; a personal choice - I find the guys doing the play by play are livelier. Anyway, this same commercial played to rap music, singing ‘J’ai la place en masse dans ma jacuzzi….’ (Translation: I’ve got lots of room in my jacuzzi). My co-workers, aware of my enthusiasm for that type of bath, immediately associated the two. Now whenever they see a hippo they will think of me. Doubtful compliment, isn’t it?

We’re still waiting on my 6th grandchild to join our ranks. It will be anytime now. Many family members plan to be involved, so activities requiring our absence of the immediate area are on hold until after the event. While in the final throes of labour pains with her former pregnancy, my daughter-in-law was quite upset when my son, succumbing to his nerves, turned to her and said ‘Oh, quit your whining!’ My son is NOT good in situations of stress. This time my daughter will be at the bedside to help and encourage the new mother, leaving daddy free to walk the hospital parking lot 1000 times. Both grandmothers will share time staying with the two little brothers at home. The parents wanted the surprise, so didn’t ask the sex of the baby. It heightens the suspense. We’re hoping for a girl, but my son has a feeling it’s a boy. We shall see. Not that it makes any difference where love and welcome are concerned. There’s going to be plenty of that in either case.

UPDATE:
It’s still rock ‘n roll at the office with plenty of hours needed. However, vacation schedules are in the works, and I’m determined to use mine this year, come what may.

The Bird, my brother, will be having his scans done in the first weeks of June. His stamina is unbelievable! His voice comes and goes, and some days are better than others, but his morale is good.

My Bud is still hanging in there. He sleeps more, and I’ve noticed that his stomach is slightly bloated now. The cancer is spreading, but he doesn’t seem to be in much pain, so we’ll wait it out. He certainly is relishing the extra loving from his mistress.

Yoshiko and my son Bow are counting down the days for their move into their new house. It will definitely decrease the hassle of commuting to work, saving at least an hour, if not two, a day. Plus there is always the excitement of being first-time homeowners. No wonder they are both so excited!

The weather here has been sunny and warm, sometimes VERY warm, for the past couple of weeks. It’s swing-on-the-gallery veggin’ time! Summer bliss.

I’m slowly catching up on my sleep, so the SMILES are brighter now. Throwing one your way – hoping you have a great adventure today!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: