Tuesday, May 11, 2010

MY MOUNTAIN

This one is for my friend, Karen, who sometimes can use a dose of scenery from the Laurentians. It's a view from my gallery, with a lazy sun just skimming the tree tops on its way up my mountain. A better photographer could do it justice; could capture the height, the distance, the play of light on the various shades of green....
Yours truly just aims and shoots. I have learned what my fiddling with the 'zoom' do-hickey on my camera can produce; have experienced too often a mass of blurred 'what's that?'. Photography is not one of my talents. Karen's memory will fill in what's missing, I'm sure. Anyone who has been raised or has lived in the Laurentians tends to hold them close to heart - they are special.

My plans for the past weekend hit a wall. The only thing on my agenda that I DID manage to accomplish was to keep an eye on hockey games; there was very little reading (none at all in Blogit); even less sleep, and no writing. Having supper on Mother's Day at my daughter's home, surrounded by children and grandchildren, made up for the rest of the hellish time. Chubby arms hugging your neck and a baby's sticky kiss can work wonders. Those precious moments puts any turbulence being experienced where it belongs - on the back burner.

It's 2:30 AM. Murphy is avoiding me again. I'm finally meeting Kilroy for lunch tomorrow, so need to get some shut-eye, or I'll be too tired to enjoy our time together. I want to be awake to see the HABS play game number 7 tomorrow night too, so off I go. Maybe I should crawl up beside Bud and Grump-puppy on their cushions...they'll happily make room for me, and seem to have found Murphy with no problem at all, LOL!

Have a good day tomorrow, folks - sending you a sleepy smile....

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Une fille du Nord restera toujours une fille du Nord. Can't escape from it. I know some people from up there who moved to the city, however returned to the place of their origins, they could not suffer the stink of the city...I know what you mean.....Kilroy