Saturday, May 1, 2010

DONE!

I’m back!! Fortunately this is writing instead of chatting, because my voice is a little scratchy at the moment. No, it’s not a cold. It probably is the result of all my whooping while watching the Canadiens do their stuff in the NHL demi-finals.

Besides sleeping and eating, the months from February to April each year are mostly limited to working and watching hockey. Yesterday was the magic April 30th, last date for income tax remittance and, in spite of some stragglers, one could hear the collective sigh of relief in our office. Not that we stop being busy. We are mostly geared to working for companies, which means we are doing those complicated forms all year long. Our new employment agencies (which are now a year old!!) also take up enormous time, but the underlying panic, instilled in our ordinary citizens by our greedy government, is not so prevailing…unless someone is tardy and faces exorbitant late-interest fees. We do what we can to help them but…. You know what? I had better say no more about the subject – it gets me too riled. I don’t want to spoil my first day off.

And what better way to spend this day than with my two little rug-rats? It’s my youngest son’s birthday, and he and his lovely lady are going out for the evening, so M’mère gets to play with Nalou, who is now 5, and Bali, who will soon be 3. Another little person will be added to their ranks – mummy is expecting her third child by early June. Sugar ‘n spice and everything nice? The parents opted for a surprise, so we don’t know yet. Needless to say, the whole family is looking forward to the event.

Just to bring you up to date:

They have found something on Bird’s (my bro) lung, but the waiting list for the scan is 2 months (and for this kind of medical service we pay all those taxes???) The doctor told him yesterday, and he informed me last night. I’ll make an appointment with a private clinic this week, stat!

My Bud is looking good. His cancer doesn’t seem to have progressed at all, which makes me relieved to have decided against the operation. He’s still romping around outside with the other dogs, although not quite so rambunctious. He is 70 years old in dog years, and has slowed down some.

My older son Bow and his Yoshiko have purchased their first house, and are preparing to move in July. Even more exciting is the gleam in Yo’s eye when she mentions that the second of her three bedrooms is ‘perfect for a baby’!!!

And that’s it for now, folks. I should be in here pretty regular from now on – it will be wonderful to have words instead of numbers flowing through my head night and day!

At this very moment though I’m heading for a much needed nap, then will be off to wish my son a Happy B-day before kicking him out to let me enjoy the grandchildren.

Have a good one, y’all! Sending you a sleepy smile!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

2 comments:

polichon said...

Nice to have you back on the circus. Yours was missed for a month and a half. IT's understandable with the heavy work load of the tax season. I know from experience that it is difficult at times to find something to say, especially when you are tired. However, once started, it eventually comes out. Glad to have you aboard again. xxx Kilroy

Unknown said...

Great to read you again. I hope your brother gets help soon; waiting around for tests like that is outrageous. It's not much better in this country which has the reputation for being the most highly taxed country in the world.
Doing my tax-return is one of the most daunting challenges of the year! Nowadays doing it on-line is even more nerve-wracking. However if you have the patience to wait long enough it is still possible to get hold of a real person by telephone; usually a very patient and service minded person.
I too have not been on line, as one of my contacts apparently inadvertently infected my English blog with malware. She's a flesh and bone friend and our friendship has survived the crisis. :-)