Thursday, May 13, 2010

ON OUR WAY TO STANLEY...

They did it!! The HABS are on a roll, and last night my living room was very lively with a screaming, cheering lady (me) dancing around with two very excited doggies – our way of celebrating when our team scores the goals. This is taking place in front of a huge window, but it seems the only neighbour who could possible see us (if he’s walking in the bush at the time) is a Hab’s fan too – so instead of thinking the worst (like, do you think she’s dangerous??), he will understand. Unfortunately, looters DO use the country’s ‘Hab Fever’ as an excuse for their rotten deeds…..reports from Montreal are of tear gas wielding cops being necessary in the streets once again. I had thought of joining one of my co-workers to watch the game, but her condo is right downtown, and I decided I didn’t want to spoil my joy by being too close to that kind of ignorance. Besides, it would have taken forever to drive out of the area, IF your car is still intact and not in flames. ‘Idiots’ is too good a word…..

Because I finally slept at 7:30 AM yesterday, I was late for my much anticipated lunch date with my friend, Kilroy. He very patiently waited for me, and we walked the couple of blocks to the restaurant, chatting all the while. It’s a treat to spend time with dear friends, although I fear I burdened him somewhat with my choice of subjects. I usually thrive on a positive outlook; I imagine the lack of sleep has been weighing on my mood lately and, because he is so easy to talk to, Kilroy got the brunt of it. My friend, if you are reading this, I assure you that I will accept any invoice received for services rendered; I’m sure you weren’t expecting to be put in the position of a psychologist, and I apologize. On a brighter note, you’re very good at it, so if you ever decide to come out of retirement, there could be a future for you in that vocation…..LOL.

The sun is shining out there; the HABS are on top, and the today is a new venture, or at the very least holds something to learn. I’m wearing my SMILE – hope you are too. Have a good one!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for this window to send you a message yesterday.I thought of you dancing around and was going to phone but thought you may have company.Trying to phone with the 2 hr difference can be a challenge.I'm back working at Mother Earth doing the trees and shrubs and perennials and now water plants which have not arrived yet.Thank you for sharing a piece of your mountain.My boys are working on their father to have me moved closer to home.I will try to call you when I get a day off the next day.At this moment I'm like you during tax season and cannot take time off due to the work that must get done.You realize that it is not my employer that has these demands on me but my work ethic drives me to do the best I can and get it done right.Lots of love from Saskabush. K

Mike's Common Sense said...

Go Habs! Congrats!

polichon said...

T'écouter est facile parce que tu es une personne vivante, positive, enthousiasme, prête à aider tout le monde , même si cà fait mal....? Autrement dit: tu es ce que l'on appelle une mosus de bonne personne, d'une bonté rare. Salut et récupère ton sommeil