Tuesday, May 4, 2010

DOGS & THINGS.

Grump-puppy woke me at 3:45 this morning. He came running into my bedroom, then did the back-and-forth thing between it and the kitchen, whining loudly, until I sleepily crawled out of bed and opened the door to let him outside. I attempted a return to the arms of Murphy, but it was no go. I lay there wondering why he wanted out so badly; it’s not a usual thing that early. Picturing an encounter with a skunk, or porcupine, or maybe an intruder who was not aware there are two pit-bulls allowed to run free in my yard, I finally got up. The little bugger was at the door 15 minutes later, and I still don’t have a clue what enticed him to risk the wrath of his mistress by waking her in the middle of the night. Thankfully he wasn’t sporting quills or the choking odour of our black and white-striped varmints. He slunk back to his pillow, settled down beside Bud, and had no problem at all falling back to sleep…GRRRR!

This morning I need to get to the SAQ and renew the plates for the Backhoe. The season for excavation has arrived. We picked up a contract, and the client wants to begin today. After that is done, I’ll run up to the office for a couple of hours, then come back early to pick up Bud for the appointment with the vet. His ears are itching again, and I’ve noticed a growth between two toes, This is going to be an expensive day.

The follow-up on my decision to buy a treadmill? After looking at the price of those things, I finally ended up buying a Gazelle for nearly $400 less. Maybe you have seen the advertisement on TV? The claim on the box (and from the sales-person) is that your whole body gets toned, not just your heart and legs. On a closer inspection last night, I realized one also needs to have co-ordinated balance to use it. Humm…I foresee hours of pleasure just getting used to that! There is some assembly required, of course...another thing I’m very good at (Not!) so I will attempt to set it up when we get back from the vet. To be continued.

Tonight is the third game between my HABS and Pittsburgh. I guess I don’t need to tell you where I’ll be at that time. My enthusiasm has sparked friendly competition and bets in the office. The employees, not ordinarily into hockey, are watching the games now and there are lively discussions about the plays. Well, to be honest, a couple of the girls know next to nothing about the sport, so their idea of a player’s value tends to be directly related to how cute he is…LOL!

I had my first coffee out on the gallery, watching the sun peep over my mountain, but now the sky is dark and it is pouring rain out there. How did that happen? The Weather Network is saying sunny and warm for our area…no rain expected. Long live the accuracy of weather predictions! Now I’m wondering if we’ll be starting that excavation contract today or not….

I have much to do when I recover from my constant need to sleep; it happens every year after the hassle of tax season. There are friends to visit or meet for lunch, spring cleaning to get done, a pile of books waiting to be read, not counting a multitude of posts on my Blogit writers’ site to catch up on. At least it is all fun things, and I’m looking forward to it, except maybe the spring cleaning, although I enjoy the feeling once it’s done.

Have a good day, people, whether rain or shine wherever you are. It’s the merry month of May, trees and flowers are budding, birds are singing, and there’s a ‘fresh start’ atmosphere. It makes me SMILE – and I’m sending it your way!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Koolcat...Did you stop to think that maybe your dog needed to go to the can..I do a couple times a night. If you do not like your gazelle, I'll buy it from you half price.Better than nothing. I'm kidding. Cette bébelle devrait être bonne pour toi, .Kilroy...xxx