Friday, May 7, 2010

FRIDAY MUSINGS.

My suspicions about Grump-puppy’s middle-of-the-night foray were accurate…it was a porcupine causing the havoc. I had just settled down to watch the hockey game on Tuesday night when the neighbour’s young wolf-husky showed up at my door. Her face was full of quills. I texted her master, but he was aware of it and had pulled out most of the quills that morning, he replied; then she had needed a break from the pain. He was planning to remove the rest when he got home later. He had heard the ruckus in the bush the evening before, and was amazed that Grump-puppy came out of it clean. Ha! Knowing Grump, he took one look at the action, saw the quills, thought to himself, “That’s gotta hurt!!”….then skedaddled out of there. Contrary to most pit-bulls (i.e. Bud), Grump-puppy shies away from pain. Just being bothered by any kind of bug can make him hyper. A dog who loves his comfort, he tends to stay indoors during black fly season. He’s a typical voyeur; participating only if he judges it to be to his advantage, or absolutely necessary. If his mistress could only be so smart!!!

And how about my HABS, eh?? With the games tied up, I guess no-one needs to wonder where I’ll be on Saturday night! I’ve been keeping an eye on Detroit and on Vancouver games too. The series this year is full of surprises, and I’m loving every minute of it! I find that the excitement provoked by close games is great for stress relief, much needed after bickering with government agencies all day. Speaking of which….obviously not enough money is generated by video gambling and lotto tickets; our government fights to squeeze every last penny from small business. Unlike the larger corporations, who can afford to bribe our ministers with credit cards or wads of cash, small business owners find themselves struggling to keep their employees paid, then have to fight tooth and nail to hang on to any kind of profit. Even more galling is the fact that one is paying the hefty salary (and perks) of the dude who is hassling you to give up the rest! I had better quote Forrest Gump with his “And that’s all I got to say ‘bout that!”, because I could talk for hours on the subject, and my prejudice keeps me from saying anything good about our ‘leaders’.

My weekend schedule is calling for more sleep, watching hockey, setting up my Gazelle, spending some time with my brother, with a few hours set aside to enjoy the writers in Blogit and, hopefully, do some writing of my own. I’m on call, of course, and, although it means less revenue, for this one time I’m hoping that there will be no need for our services. A little relaxation would be good.

Next week is already looking up, because I’ll be meeting my friend, Kilroy, for a chatty lunch, and I’m thinking of a weekend visit outside ‘la belle province’. We’ll see how things play out.

In the meantime, this is a workday, so off I go to do my stuff. Sending you all a big SMILE – hoping you’ll pass it on!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

If you r going out of la Belle Province...is your destination Hawskebury, Ont.?(LOL). If your dog is that smart how come he doesn't go to work for your upkeep. You r smarter B cause you R the one that has to work for his upkeep. I can tell that you r glad the tax season is over. Until next year with more work I presume. Take time to recuperate on your sleep.Kilroy....xxx