Monday, July 23, 2012

WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE...

What happened? There seems to have been a problem with ‘water runneth over’ for many of us. My taps joined the fracas yesterday. Earlier, when speaking to my Japanese daughter-in-law, she told me my son had spent a good part of his day trying to repair a tap in their downstairs bathroom – it had sprung a bad leak. I laughed.

“Weird, huh?” I answered her. “A couple of my writer friends on Blogit had the same thing happen this weekend!” Me and my big mouth!! It wasn’t even an hour later when...... I had dishes piled up, so turned on the tap to get them washed. Water sprayed all over the kitchen! Eek! I can see where the seal is broken – but there was nothing I could do about it at that time of day, except shut the darned thing off, tie a rag around it (to remind me not to turn it on again) and wait for my son to come and repair it tonight. Still – it’s small potatoes compared to Corbin’s washing machine problem. It would be interesting to take a survey and see how many others across our countries had a similar event, LOL!

I spend most of Sunday snoozing off and on, so if anything new happened, I’m not yet aware of it. Not being used to going out so often, plus the usual lack of normal sleep, caught up to me. It was short naps, broken only by some cooking and brief walks with the doggies. The heat outside played its part. The older I get, the less my endurance for high temperatures. I’m all for siestas on hot days!

It’s Monday morning – the beginning of a very busy week, so I’ll get to it. Wishing you all a great day, folks; starting it off with a huge SMILE!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: