Saturday, July 14, 2012

BACK TO ROUTINE

Suzie is leaving early tomorrow AM – on her way home to Michigan. Her two week vacation passed quickly. We try to see each other as much as possible when she is here. Unless I can make it down to visit her this autumn, it will be Christmas before we meet again.

The poor girl – she lost both an aunt and a cousin during her visit this time – her cousin was only 57 and succumbed to that dreadful cancer. The funeral is today, so Suzie won’t be attending our annual birthday bash celebrating both my son and me. It’s happening this afternoon too. Who would feel like walking into a party right after saying goodbye to a loved one?

I’m sure my doggies, if they could be aware of what’s going on, would be happy to see her go. For the past two weeks I’ve been away every night for more than a few hours. Although she cares for animals, Suzie is not at ease around canines, so I’ve been going to her house after work. Now the normal routine will slip back into place; mistress will start giving them her undivided attention at day’s end. Because my son and his lady are on vacation too, I won’t even be away with the rug rats. These hounds will be in their glory!!

And I’m sure you have all seen how a doggie can SMILE!!!

Sharing them with you (Even one for Mr. Graysome!!)

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

No comments: