Sunday, July 22, 2012

MOVING ON

Photo courtesy of Photobucker msbookes


In keeping with the action going on around here lately, the afternoon found me sitting on an outdoor terrace, having drinks with some friends I hadn’t seen for ages. I ran into them on my way back from a client visit. I stopped at the store to buy dog food and wow – fancy meeting you here and how’ve you been? We spent a pleasant couple of hours together, rehashing old times....instead of sitting at my computer working, which is what I am supposed to be doing on Friday afternoons. That was it – the day turned out to be a business holiday!

Saturday already had an afternoon party planned. My Cuban friends’ oldest son was celebrating his birthday. There was an abundance of food, wine, music and laughter and once again, more friends that I haven’t seen for such a long time. We gathered outside on the edge of a small lake. The geese that live there didn’t seem at all bothered by the noise we were making. It was well after midnight when I got back to the house, where two doggies gave me an exuberant welcome, followed by an equally exuberant “Please hurry – we need to GO!!”

Armed with flashlight and coffee, I strolled along the lane while my beasts roamed the lawn and the bush. I could hear, but not see, the intense sniffing investigation as they covered their territory. Every five minutes or so, one of them would be back to nose my hand, reassuring me of his presence, then was off again into the night to continue the task. It was a beautiful evening; the sky brimming with stars, a cool breeze ruffling my hair and that pervasive calm of my quiet bush.

I cut the walk short, because I was so very tired, but a good tired. The Jacuzzi ritual was skipped – it was straight to bed.

The past month has been hectic; full of activity and friends and much play, and I’m loving getting back into it. My mourning isn’t over, this I know, but it has drifted into its rightful place, leaving room for the other parts of life; the ups and downs, the laughter, the love...the whole kit and caboodle. I’ll take it and enjoy the ride!

When I snuggled into the warm arms of Morpheus, I was SMILING!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

No comments: